Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ViewSonic VA1930WM VS11354 - Display Turns on for 2 or 3 seconds and then goes off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ViewSonic VA1930WM VS11354 - Display Turns on for 2 or 3 seconds and then goes of

@StoneRhino
    Welcome to the forum - sounds about right - can you swap the leads (one to the panel and one to the external) over and see if its the same. Also try with the lead you think is bad and the external -on both sockets and try just the panel leads on opposite sockets to what they were on originally.
    It may not be the tubes -it could just be the wiring - we will see when you dismantle.
    Pictures will be required.
    read this:https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419 start at post# 19
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Re: ViewSonic VA1930WM VS11354 - Display Turns on for 2 or 3 seconds and then goes of

The monitor will not stay on if I plug in the lower, blue CFL connector. Regardless of what port I use on the inverter, it does it.

Now I havent tried the particular CFL in question on a different inverter.

Ok, yes, I've identified a single bad CFL tube. On the single CFL inverter, it fires up with a very red tint. I'm going to assume this will be the end and just need a fresh lamp?

Comment

Originally posted by StoneRhino View Post
        On the single CFL inverter, it fires up with a very red tint. I'm going to assume this will be the end and just need a fresh lamp?
        A red or pink tint indicates the ccfl is near end of life. It draws more power which causes the inverter pwm IC to shutdown all the ccfls (overvoltage protection).
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Good to know. Ive disected the LCD panel. There is a LOT of stuff to do to get the tube

Comment

Ok, tube rails are finally out after digging through 10 various layers of things. I just hope I can get this all back together. I can aquire fresh tubes from the link you posted a earlier retiredcaps?

Comment

This one? http://www.ccflwarehouse.com/lasotu.html
              Yes you can use them direct or they have an ebay outlet
              which may sometimes be a little cheaper
              type Plazmo_industries into your browser.
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Already ordered the pair of prebuilt rails. Called them and they say they're in high demand, so they have ready to install ones.

Guys, thanks a bunch for your help. Im sorry you couldnt help Quartermann, but accidents happen when working on these things. I've broken all too many things trying to fix them.

Again, thank you very much for your quick responses!

Comment

Working...
                X