Elcon ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elcon ?

What the heck is elcon ? Did a search on the forum but didn't turn up any results!

Anyone know are they good ? or bad ? or so-so ?

My Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard is littered with these, with a few exceptions of G-Luxon and Lelon - both of which turned up in the "list of bad caps" thread

Re: Elcon ?

audio applications are low stress, I wouldnt worry.
    The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

actually its not about stress or ratings. Its about ESR and inductance. In the audio signal path Low ESR, Low inductance capacitors are recommended.
      So no I not at all worried about their bulging or blowing up, I am mostly interested in knowing about Elcon's quality in terms of esr & inductance.

Comment

elcon's site is not working http://www.elcon.com.tw/ who knows what became of them.

my audiophile 192 has g-luxon so it appears common to see crap on sound cards
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=708
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I'm resurrecting this old thread to see if anybody has more current info on ELCON caps.

I'm finding ELCON EEZ caps on some video cards.
          These a solid-poly lookalikes, but actually are vent top electrolytics.
          I wonder if this is a cheap ploy to sucker buyers with "polys".

The caps in question in 1000uF/6.3v 8mm types.
          Cards are nVidia 8500GT, and work perfectly.
          Cap temps are very cool as long as the card is correctly cooled.
          I use fanless cards with big sinks, and an external cooler such as the Rocket V

This card is bound for a BTX chassis, so I screwed an 80mm Panaflo to the heat sink.

Comment

Working...
          X