Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visio VU42L FHDTV10A voltage to main board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visio VU42L FHDTV10A voltage to main board?

All,
    I have a Visio tv that powers on, with backlight, but no picture or sound and can't turn off with remote or power button. I've seen countless posts and videos pointing to bad voltage regulators. But what has me puzzled is that on the 2 fuses where the power comes onto the main board, I get a reading of 19.25 and 8 volts. Everything I've seen indicates it should be 12 and 5. As a result, the readings I'm getting on the voltage regulators is off of what others are posting. Could 19.25/8 be correct? Should I be looking at the power supply board first?

Troubleshooting electronics is new to me. I'm reading those numbers off both the fuses and the ribbon cable coming from the power supply board. I've got neg attached to the case frame.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks.

Terry

Re: Visio VU42L FHDTV10A voltage to main board?

Think you got lost in the many other posts...Don't be afraid to "bump" up your post..

Reading this I would say your meter is suspect to being faulty,maybe try to measure a 9 volt battery with it and see what is gives you? New battery would be best..
    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Working...
    X