Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dim screen LG 55LD520

Originally posted by kingkiller View Post
    Oof, things are looking ugly...the connector on the slave side is brown now and the master side connector was already obliterated. I have one new connector but I don't want to waste a $17 connector on something that is going to happen again. a few of the pins on the master side were loose, not sure if that's what caused the issues or if it was a result. Chicken or egg.

Is newtothis's suggestions legit? Can I actually solder 20 little wires? That would be such a pain...
    For your info yes it was only needed a few wires as you can tie any 24v together into one wire and gnd into another etc.... just use a higher amp wire and bridge the pins together at the board with solder

Comment

Thanks, if I need to do it again I will do it that way if I can figure out which pins are which. In the meantime I replaced the burnt board and bad jumpers. The Tv worked great for about 10 minutes then the screen went black. Just my luck. Unless someone has a suggestion I'm gonna finally resort to giving a call to the guy who sold me the tv and see if he wants it back. Thanks

Comment

Any ideas why the TV would have worked fine for about 10 minutes after replacing the master inverter board and jumper and then turned off unexpectedly and won't turn back on? Thank you!

Comment

Check for shorts on all four boards. They used two different types of mosfets that switch positive and negative to make AC to transformers. If any short you will see it across the capacitors on the electrolytic caps/ disconnect all the jumpers between the boards then check for shorts to help narrow it down to the board. Then try to see what mosfet has the lowest resistance to ground. Damaged mosfet is not always obvious and its trial and error on locating the shorted mosfet

Comment

Working...
          X