No announcement yet.

Philips 42" LCD TV 42PFL3603D/F7* changed SSB & T-Con Board won't turn on, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 42" LCD TV 42PFL3603D/F7* changed SSB & T-Con Board won't turn on, help

Need a little help please...

Replaced two caps (pic 3), SSB and T-Con board and still won't turn on...

Did some tests:

Put a jumper on CN6 pin 2 (2.6v) to Pin 4 (ground) to check the backlights (pic 5) and after a few min it did turn on (pic 6), then added another jumper from CN6 on Pin 1 (3.3v)st to CN7 on pin 5 (inv_on) (pic 7) after connecting the power cable immediately the back lights turn on (pic 8)

Then checked voltages (pic 9)

Questions:
    On (pic 9) the voltage from the SSB on pin 8 (+5v SW) to the "IR Led Panel" pin 8 (+5v) reads 5v but I'm only getting 38.5 mv; do this means the SSB is defective?? Even so I just replaced

The test to the backlights which did turn on and voltage check on the PSU were correct, this mean the PSU is good??

And if the backlights turn on before I replaced the T-Con board means that this one was not defective??

Can you please help me on this one? Give me some suggestions or tests, or should I just give up??

Thank you so much for taking the time on reading this...
    Attached Files

Re: Philips 42" LCD TV 42PFL3603D/F7* changed SSB & T-Con Board won't turn on, help

If you unplug the IR board,does the 5volt come back up?
    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Re: Philips 42" LCD TV 42PFL3603D/F7* changed SSB & T-Con Board won't turn on, help

Originally posted by martino View Post
      If you unplug the IR board,does the 5volt come back up?
      It does not, actually it read lower:

9- Keyboard = 8.6 mv (this one reads lower too)
      8- +5v SW = 000.7 mv
      7- Keyboard = 1.4v

Comment

Where did you get the mainboard from? eBay?
        I'm thinking its defective...

Comment

Can we get a picture from the mainboard? Front and back ?

Comment

Can we get a picture from the mainboard? Front and back ?
            It also needs to be in focus - can you re do the power supply picture front and back.

Have you tested that small yellow fuse (think its a fuse can barely see it) near the connector
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Here are the pictures from the PSU
              Attached Files

Comment

Where did you get the mainboard from? eBay?
                I'm thinking its defective...
                Got it thru amazon.com

Comment

So 2 small fuses F200 F201 - are they good. Also that group of resistors near the
                  connector looks to be hot - maybe the light but joints look ringed - perhaps you should reflow those.
                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Here are the pictures from the SSB:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                      So 2 small fuses F200 F201 - are they good. Also that group of resistors near the
                      connector looks to be hot - maybe the light but joints look ringed - perhaps you should reflow those.
                      How do I check the small fuses? Continuity? If yes; they are good

and which resistors? Pic 1 or 2?
                      Attached Files

Comment

White the boards are out can you do a pic of each showing the full board.

Comment

Originally posted by beng3518 View Post
                          How do I check the small fuses? Continuity? If yes; they are good

and which resistors? Pic 1 or 2?
                          Continuity is ok but ohms are better. Oddly enough we have had cases where fuses give a continuity beep but were actually blown.

I was meaning Pic 2 if you look at them closely you may find they are ok.
                          Pictures sometimes have shadows that make things look worse than they are.
                          I didnt get drawn to pic 1 perhaps as they are on the side of the board
                          there is less light. Usually recommend daylight rather than flash.

Comment

White the boards are out can you do a pic of each showing the full board.
                            Like this?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Continuity is ok but ohms are better. Oddly enough we have had cases where fuses give a continuity beep but were actually blown.

I was meaning Pic 2 if you look at them closely you may find they are ok.
                              Pictures sometimes have shadows that make things look worse than they are.
                              I didnt get drawn to pic 1 perhaps as they are on the side of the board
                              there is less light. Usually recommend daylight rather than flash.
                              How do I check ohms?

And would the boards have to be connected and with current?

And if the voltage is correct on the PSU Connectors going to the SSB, would the PSU still bad??
                              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry as your first post was so good I didnt realise you lack experience
                                Upside down horseshoe / Omega symbol is to test ohms.

Two simple rules -- Measure voltage with nachine plugged in and turned on (usually when asked)
                                Measure Resistance -- Voltage off and machine unplugged.

(so for ohms tests boards do not need to be connected or powered)

Perhaps read this :https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419
                                start at post 19 lots of tests you can do most without power to the board.

If the voltages ARE correct then there is agood chance that the power supply is ok
                                BUT sometimes they can read good but then when a load is applied (eg lamps come on)
                                it hasnt got enough umphh to power them.

First test we often ask is on the BIG capacitor. But you need to be very careful
                                working on a non conductive surface meter on volts you power up Just the power board
                                and check the voltage (DC) on the BIG Capacitor it may be 300-400 volts.
                                We also ask if that is maintains steady for 5-10 seconds
                                Use a RCD if you have one.

If you dont want to do that the next test is initially with just the power supply
                                check the voltage on each socket -post the results like

CN7
                                Pin1...12v.... 11.99
                                Pin2...12v.... 13.72
                                and so on

Do this for each connector.
                                Actually I dont see the connector with 24v on where is that?

Then you do it again with the other boards connected.

I see you did the jump start test so as the lamps lit ( did they stay on for a minute or two?) the board should be good. The pins we are interest in are the BLON and Power on. As of they do not get a signal voltage when the machine is switched on
                                it is likely to be a main board fault.
                                Another test is to have it all connected then diconnect the lvds cable from the main to the Tcon and see if that aloows the lights to come on ( You may have doen that already?)
                                Well thats enough to be going on with -you will think I have gone awol

Comment

Sorry as your first post was so good I didnt realise you lack experience
                                  Upside down horseshoe / Omega symbol is to test ohms.

Two simple rules -- Measure voltage with nachine plugged in and turned on (usually when asked)
                                  Measure Resistance -- Voltage off and machine unplugged.

(so for ohms tests boards do not need to be connected or powered)

Perhaps read this :https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419
                                  start at post 19 lots of tests you can do most without power to the board.

If the voltages ARE correct then there is agood chance that the power supply is ok
                                  BUT sometimes they can read good but then when a load is applied (eg lamps come on)
                                  it hasnt got enough umphh to power them.

First test we often ask is on the BIG capacitor. But you need to be very careful
                                  working on a non conductive surface meter on volts you power up Just the power board
                                  and check the voltage (DC) on the BIG Capacitor it may be 300-400 volts.
                                  We also ask if that is maintains steady for 5-10 seconds
                                  Use a RCD if you have one.

If you dont want to do that the next test is initially with just the power supply
                                  check the voltage on each socket -post the results like

CN7
                                  Pin1...12v.... 11.99
                                  Pin2...12v.... 13.72
                                  and so on

Do this for each connector.
                                  Actually I dont see the connector with 24v on where is that?

Then you do it again with the other boards connected.

I see you did the jump start test so as the lamps lit ( did they stay on for a minute or two?) the board should be good. The pins we are interest in are the BLON and Power on. As of they do not get a signal voltage when the machine is switched on
                                  it is likely to be a main board fault.
                                  Another test is to have it all connected then diconnect the lvds cable from the main to the Tcon and see if that aloows the lights to come on ( You may have doen that already?)
                                  Well thats enough to be going on with -you will think I have gone awol
                                  thank you so much, will try all that, just woke up, had to get some sleep, lol

Comment

you only replace two bad caps, when its known that the other caps could be failing too.Even if they are not swallowing on the top. I will replace all filtering caps on this power supply. Where did you get the two replacement caps?
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by ecking767; 07-28-2014, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                    X