Parallel Battery Configurations for mobile phone battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parallel Battery Configurations for mobile phone battery

hey guys i got a question about Parallel Battery Configurations?

this is what I want to do!
    take two of these batteries http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Battery-L...#ht_500wt_1396

take em apart and rebuild it with then both in parallel so i can get double the mAh out of it! it 3600mAh each so I would get 7000mAh battery.

I am wondering if this is possibly at all?

would it be as easy as taking them apart and just putting them together or would there be some advance configuration I would have to do so it would stay at 3.7volt??

would it be safe or should I just get two batteries and use one at a time?

is there any downside to any of the above setup?

or should I just find a battery that has the same voltage and enough mAh that i would want and just change the terminal to fit the phone??

I try to look on the google and have not found anything useful pertaining to what i want to do.

any Advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by alick; 06-23-2012, 04:57 AM.

Re: Parallel Battery Configurations for mobile phone battery

It can be done.
    It is done a lot with large R/C LiPo battery packs. But mind you, these tend to blow up a lot more often than consumer stuff. And they're usually soft-shell LiPos that first puff when they go bad; LiIon cells have steel cases that contain the pressure until they burst.
    Those R/C cells, at least the better ones, are matched cells that ideally have identical internal resistance in order to prevent bad things.

not to mention that cell phone battery capacities, especially the cheap ones, are exaggerated most of the time. I doubt this one has 3.5Ah.

If you really need the capacity, go with something like this:
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...gle_Cell_.html

Also make sure you've got a reliable charging setup.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

These have tabs and are about the best out there.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PANASONIC-186...item5ae7abe218

Comment

Your phone has enough empty space to put twice as big a battery in it as it already had? If not, that would seem to be a significant downside.

Comment

Thanks for the info
          O that battery from ebay does work and has 3500mah I have one now and it last 2.5 times on her then the stock 1500mah I did some charge and usage time comparison and it's good but I want something more I just worry it may go boom if I run it in parallel.
          I will check that link out later when I get home. I thanks for all the info keep Em coming!

Comment

Working...
          X