Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows 7

Tc I did a HP Compaq laptop for my son last year and I got down to one last device that I couldn't identify. Someone on the forum said that it may be a TPM chip. I downloaded the Hp driver for their TMP chip and that was it. All fixed. Give it a try.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
    John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
    Rod Serling

Comment

Oh yea, now that you mention it TC, I think that may be the gameport (if the mobo has one)
      Since it was pretty much dropped in Vista just disable it in the BIOS, I'm going by memory here so could be totally wrong of course :P

EDIT; The third post from the bottom here seems to have a driver, it is for 32bit Vista tho, so wont work... Need 64bit driver
      Solution seems to be to disable gameport and MIDI device in BIOS...
      Last edited by Per Hansson; 09-21-2009, 02:21 AM.
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

^
        That was it. Disabled the gameport, and the mystery device went away.

Thought this was interesting as well.... Old slow ass PATA hdd in it, which will be repalced once I'm done experimenting....rest of teh system fared ok I guess. not sure what this assessment is comparing to though...

Attached Files
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

It is meant to be used for software to specify hardware requirement

So like AutoCAD 2010 may say on it's box "works best with a experience index of atleast 4.5"
          It's meant to be an easier method for end-users to understand if their computer is capable of running said software decently... (vs printing on the box; req 1GB for XP, 2GB if Vista, 70xx ATI or 85xx nVidia yadda yadda yadda)
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Hi everyone,

I just got one of those 64-Bit Windows 7 Ultimate PROMOTIONAL DISC with a Product Key, and I had several questions:

1) Is this a usable Windows installation disc or is this just some promotional B.S. that expires after a few months?

2) If this is indeed something that I can use legally, how come it does'nt come with a COA sticker?

3) Also stamped on the disc is "Includes Windows Anytime Upgrade," does this mean that what I have here is an upgrade disk?

4) I currently have an RTM 7600 installer and I just wanted 32-bit instead of 64-bit, so can I use the 64-bit product key of my disc to activate an RTM 32-bit install? (NOTE: I think I've read somewhere in the intarwebz that someone has done this, but I just can't find the exact post or link.)

Answers are greatly appreciated. BTW, I'm asking now since I plan to use this for a possible Christmas build (i5 or Athlon II x4 FTW!!!!! ).
            CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
            GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti / GTS 450

Main Driver: Intel i7 3770 | Asus P8H61-MX | MSI GTS 450 | 8GB of NO NAME DDR3 RAM (2x4GB) | 1TB SATA HDD (W.D. Blue) | ASUS DVD-RW | 22" HP Compaq LE2202x (1920x1080) | Seasonic S12II-620 PSU | Antec 300 | Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1

Comment

Working...
            X