Kenwood KR-6160
    Harman/Kardon 330B
    Pioneer SX-6
    2x SAE 5000A "Impulse Noise Reduction System"
    BIC Beam Box FM8
    BIC Beam Box FM10
    Sony PS-210
    Dual 1249 turn table.

So far all the receivers\amps except the two work, the Beam Boxes work, the SAE 5000As work and the rest is still untested.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: best cheap/free scores 1.1

Nice haul Compgeke, 5$ !!!

Comment

^ I see some pretty decent amps there! And all of that for $5? People must be mad where you live.

All that I've gotten recently is:
        - nVidia GeForce 7800 GT - working, $8 with S&H from eBay
        - Diamond Radeon HD3870 512 MB - supposedly working (hasn't arrived yet) for $14 with S&H.
        What do you all think, are these okay deals? I still do have a use for older high-end cards - mostly older games such as HL2. Would like to get something that can run Portal 2 reasonably well at 1024x768, though.

Also have my eyes on a Radeon HD5450 with 1 GB RAM for $6 with S&H. It's a low-end card, but has hardware H.264. I might skip it though.
        Last edited by momaka; 01-18-2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I think those prices are ok momaka, I save cards also like you to build older games playing PCs.

My recent score is an Epson 7600. I've always wanted a large format printer and this was a bargain. I've replaced the chip in the maintenance tank and its printing a clear test print, I just have to get it on my network.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
            ^ I see some pretty decent amps there! And all of that for $5? People must be mad where you live.
            Actually saved it from scrap. I'm assuming it's a case of somebody had a stash if it in a garage or something and they died and family assumed all old garbage. I don't see why you would throw out this much stuff with most working other than that.

Originally posted by momaka View Post
            Also have my eyes on a Radeon HD5450 with 1 GB RAM for $6 with S&H. It's a low-end card, but has hardware H.264. I might skip it though.
            If it has the half height bracket I would grab it. It's not great for gaming but they're great for media center systems where you just need a low power card with hardware video decoding.

Comment

more of a trade but...
              AMD Phenom II x4 3.20ghz for a Sun creator 3D.
              I never realised how slow my phenom x3 2.2ghz with the L3 cache bug was compared to this thing. Another good thing is that the idle of the new one is at 800mhz instead of 1.10ghz like the old one. less heat when idle!
              Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback folks .

Originally posted by Compgeke View Post
                Actually saved it from scrap. I'm assuming it's a case of somebody had a stash if it in a garage or something and they died and family assumed all old garbage. I don't see why you would throw out this much stuff with most working other than that.
                Makes sense. Lots of great gear indeed. Probably exactly what would happen if I happened to die or something, and someone had to clean out my room, lol.

Originally posted by Compgeke View Post
                If it has the half height bracket I would grab it. It's not great for gaming but they're great for media center systems where you just need a low power card with hardware video decoding.
                It's full height. But that's actually good in my case, since I don't have anything that requires half-height cards. In fact, I have a dozen of Radeon HD2400 Pro/XT with half-height brackets that I have been modding with self-made full height brackets so that I can use them in desktop computers. Now, I only wish I had more DMS-59 to VGA/DVI adapters. Both my HD2400s and that HD5450 have DMS-59 only .
                Last edited by momaka; 01-19-2015, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Re: Your Best Dumpster Finds

I just found a 40" LCD TV which looks very nice. Alas, I cannot get it to start, so I was planning on making a thread about it here.

Comment

go on then.
                    (in the tv section though.)

Comment

given an HP 2000-2d19wm laptop that had been stepped on and broke the palm rest and lower chassis. Found replacements on ebay for 25 bucks shipped. Like brand new now.

has 8gb ram, 500gb spinner, and all the usual crap. Got rid of win8.1 and went to win7.
                      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                      http://folding.stanford.edu/
                      Team : 49813
                      Join in!!
                      Team Stats

Comment

Got 2 PSUs for $1.55. (so $0.77 each )

One is a Rexpower PX-400 (K-Mex,and I noticed it is as small as my defunct Delta DPS-180KB) and the other was a Delux ATX-400W.

The Rexpower PX-400 works,but I had to scrap the latter due to a not working 12V P4 plug. Also,the PX-400 has 2 floppy connectors,and it only had a bulger on the 5VSB,that was replaced (470uf 16v).

BTW,the Rexpower seems to use noname primaries. (really,all they have printed is 330uf 200V)
                        Main rig:
                        Gigabyte B75M-D3H
                        Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
                        Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
                        16GB DDR3-1600
                        Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
                        FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
                        120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
                        Delux MG760 case

Comment

$19 Antec Fusion HTPC case from ebay, shipped. Didn't realize there was a motherboard in it...seller didn't mention it and there was only one frontal pic....so for 19 shipped, I took a gamble.

Case is an 8 out of 10. Stainless Steel front is perfect, just needs to be wiped down. black painted sides have a few scratches. It is dusty inside.

It's supposed to come with a remote, which is missing....all the research I've done says the remote isn't worth a shit anyway, so an RF mini keyboard & touchpad will do just fine, its what I normally use with an HTPC anyway.

I know....HTPC's are so 2006.....but what can I say, I'm a staunch believer in them. I have a large DVD ISO collection as well as MP3's. All accesed over a gigabit LAN. None of my HTPC's are routed through the gateway, no internet access, and no big brother watching or advertising campaigns to feed like with netflix, hulu, amazon, etc......its none of anyone's business what I'm watching and nobody will know!!

The motherboard is an Abit AN-M2HD. I do not know if it works, I don't have a processor to check it. I'll grab one, AM2 stuff is dirty cheap now. I hope it does, it has everything needed onboard. HDMI out, 7.1 audio & IR.... Has an Antec PSU in it which appears to be in working order, but I'm sure will need to be recapped preemptively....

Anyway, well worth 19 bucks, IMO...

Attached Files
                          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                          Team Stats

Comment

Update for above....I found an AM2 5600+ dual core in the junk drawer and was able to test the board. it works.
                            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                            Team Stats

Comment

^mega score indeed.
                              sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

42 inch panasonic plasma, just needed and su board from shopjimmy for 50 bucks. accidentally smashed the screen the other day so parts are available... th-42px75u

Comment

^ Nice score TC! A nearly-complete quite decent working computer for under $20? - I'll take that .

Originally posted by Dan81 View Post
                                  Got 2 PSUs for $1.55. (so $0.77 each )
                                  As funny as this may sound, but if you got this deal locally (i.e. no driving), then that is actually a pretty good deal, indeed . If you think about it, just the rectifiers from those PSUs are worth more if you were to try and buy them new.

Comment

Found some kind of valve control board in the same dumpster I mentioned in the previous pages where I've picked up all sorts of stuff. Not sure what exactly this valve control board is used for, but it's all broken and chewed up, so it's only good for parts. That said, there are four HUGE Nichicon LQ (?) 450V 500 uF caps on it.
                                    I just washed it today because it was quite dirty and dusty. Once it dries up, I'll see what else it has on there. I saw a bunch of relays, fuses, and some new-ish Nichicon PJ caps from 2009. So more stuff to thinker with .

Also, the other thing I got from that dumpster was a 17" Dell D1025TM CRT monitor with a cut VGA cord (couldn't find the cord though). Haven't tested it yet as it's still in my car (I am letting the freezing weather give it some de-roaching treatment, in case it has any, though I doubt it - that dumpster has had pretty clean and good-smelling stuff so far). I do have a spare cut VGA cord, though, so I might fix it if it fires up.
                                    And if it does, does anyone need a spare CRT monitor for free? When I graduate and move back home, I will have 5 extra CRT monitors I need to store.

And lastly, found some small ported crappy speaker. Probably from a boombox. Looks fairly new, though, so the speaker may have decent bass output at low levels. I'll find more about it when I take it out of my car and try it. Getting the same treatment as the monitor .
                                    Last edited by momaka; 01-27-2015, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Not even close to a "best" find, but I found a PS3 DualShock 3 controller on the ground two days ago. L1/L2 doesn't work (broken ribbon cable*) and one of the rubber caps for the analog stick is missing, I just need to find a PS3 to test it, since Sony in their infinite wisdom made sure it would not operate in a PC, despite being identified as a game controller and showing up in the game controller applet (avoid Motioninjoy at all costs - surely someone would have made an unofficial open-source driver after nearly a decade following the PS3's release, but nope).

* Yes, instead of your standard button traces on a regular PCB like its predecessor and nearly every single controller and TV remote since the 1970s, this controller has a flimsy paper-thin ribbon on top of a layer of acetal, with the actual brains of the device underneath that (on a PCB of course, where the analog sticks are attached), and a 3.7V battery for good measure. The controller is made in China (as with the PS2), but at least the battery is still made in Japan, and can be removed/replaced easily since it's attached with a standard 2-pin connector.

Comment

it can be used with linuxand probably windows, your not searching enough.

Comment

Not sure if 17'' is any good, there are still tons of them. Some good flat 19'¨would be nice, and the bigger from there, the better I myself am interested only in 21''+ which can handle 1920x1440 at 85 Hz.
                                          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                                          Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
                                          X