Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To restore a glorious one: Dlink DI-624+

Hi friends!!!
    I first of all apologize if my English is not correct but I am Italian and I desire your jewel support.
    I have decided to open this topic to look for to restore this modem (purchased to londra) that is not mine but of one colleague of mine, that returning in italia has forgotten the power supply to london.
    The model in matter is: Dlink DI-624+ On the connector is written 5V 2.5A.
    I have also found the manual.
    Here it is as introduces him to the inside:

I in the meantime am trying to retrieve a substitutive feeder....and to change the swollen caps, as is seen by the photo.
    Naturally I replace them with condesatori low esr.
    Other suggestions?
    Thanks!

Re: To restore a glorious one: Dlink DI-624+

Originally posted by teppei View Post
    Other suggestions?
    If your friend finds the power adapter, make sure to check the caps in it as well. I had a DI-614+ go down due to a faulty cap in the power adapter (and this is the thread). Eventually, I got the adapter fixed and running, so my router is now working fine.

Comment

Momaka Thanks for your response.
      My friend has forgotten the power supply in london and now I bought a 5V 2A power supply, even if the original is 5V 2.5A.
      I do not think half milleampere can make a difference.
      Of course, correct me if I'm wrong momaka.
      Momaka believe me it is not for the value of the router which is now almost non-existent but for the satisfaction of repairing it.

thanks again

Comment

Momaka Thanks for your response.
        My friend has forgotten the power supply in london and now I bought a 5V 2A power supply, even if the original is 5V 2.5A.
        Of course, correct me if I'm wrong momaka.
        Momaka believe me it is not for the value of the router which is now almost non-existent but for the satisfaction of repairing it.

thanks again
        Half a milliamp = 0.0005 amps
        Half an amp = 0.5 amps

I think it would make a difference, and also, it is good to get a PSU that will easily handle the load. The reason is because it should run cooler - therefore less stress on the parts!
        Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Ben7 thanks for your response.
          Unfortunately I could not find a power supply with the same characteristics 5V 2.5 A, which is why I bought this one 5V power supply 2 A.

I look forward to come this supply.
          I will keep you updated.
          Thank you all!

Comment

Yes, I know how that is. My DI-614+ is even older than this, yet I repaired it for no other reason other than for fun.

Originally posted by teppei
            It *may* not make a difference when the router is sitting idle, but when there is heavy traffic and lots of wireless and/or wired activity going on, it *may* make a difference.

And even if it doesn't, ben7 has a point - the power adapter will likely run hotter so it's better to have an adapter than can properly handle the load.

Comment

Boys the power supply from china with fury I arrived today after a month of waiting!
              I fed the router .... but unfortunately performing a simple ping 192.168.0.1 I always request expired!
              I thought maybe .... I can re-inserting the firmware to restore it??
              What do you advise me??
              Thank you all!

Comment

Try resetting its settings first, if there is such option. On my D-Link router, I *think* all I had to do was hold the reset button for 10-20 seconds to fully reset all settings.

Comment

Might be 192.168.1.1

Comment

Thanks pentium 4 and momaka for your swift response.
                    I also tried with this address 192.168.1.1 but unfortunately the answer is always Request timed out.
                    I also tried to reset the router, unfortunately nothing.

Comment

I tried to make a nice ipconfig, the result was this:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection (LAN):

Connection-specific DNS suffix:
                      Autoconfiguration IP Address: 169254145190
                      Subnet mask. . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
                      Default gateway. . . . . . . . . :

C: \>

Comment

Hook up your computer to the router using an ethernet cable.

Download wireshark from

http://www.wireshark.org/download.html

and see if the router responds to the arp packets.

If you are unsure of how arp works, take a packet capture of a working session (say another router) so you can compare.

Disregard. I didn't see your other message. Your DCHP isn't working.
                        Last edited by retiredcaps; 12-04-2012, 04:19 PM.
                        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I tried to make a nice ipconfig, the result was this:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection (LAN):

Connection-specific DNS suffix:
                          Autoconfiguration IP Address: 169254145190
                          Subnet mask. . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
                          Default gateway. . . . . . . . . :

C: \>
                          The above indicates you are not getting an IP address from the router via DHCP.

You can manually assign your etherent adapter an IP address like

192.168.0.99 255.255.255.0
                          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                          X