Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you replace sleeve bearing fans on site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you replace sleeve bearing fans on site?

I find that the clicking momaka mentioned only affects some delta fans. I've pulled a few from HP CPU coolers where it's fairly noticeable, but on others, it's not. My PSU Load tester had two delta fans. the only thing I can hear from them is just a loud roar.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Wester547 View Post
      Does it have a Newton Power 250W?

Fan might be a Delta then. I was just left wit the impression that it has an Adda fan. So who knows... it's been over 5 years since I opened that one.

Originally posted by Wester547 View Post
      What PSU does it have? It must be a good one to have lasted that long.
      185W Lite-ON (IIRC). It's one of those very short ones, similar to the Bestec ATX-1956D. All output caps inside it are Panasonic HFQ (some even 12.5 mm diameter) and primaries are a pair of Panasonic, Rubycon, or Nichicon (again IIRC, since I opened that thing up only very briefly about 2.5 years ago). 12V rail output: a whopping 4 A. With a single hard drive, it drops to 11.87V .

Originally posted by lti
      It never had any lubricant in its "permanently lubricated" bearings

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post

Fan might be a Delta then. I was just left wit the impression that it has an Adda fan. So who knows... it's been over 5 years since I opened that one.
        Well, it could be ADDA... I don't remember where at the moment but somewhere on the board someone posted a thread about a slim Newton Power 160W or something along that nature having an ADDA fan that was known to seize and they replaced it with a Sunon fan promptly. 4A on the +12V rail isn't that bad for a 185W PSU. A 200W proprietary Newton Power I have only has 6A on the +12V rail, but inside a 10A ultrafast recovery rectifier from STMicroelectronics was soldered to the +12V output, on the secondary heatsink, so you might find similarly overbuilt rectifiers in your Lite-on. The dip below 11.90V could be because of group regulation combined with a relatively low amount of power on the +12V rail rather than solely a lack of power.

Back to fans, yes, 'permanently lubricated' is nothing more than marketing prattle. There is no such thing as permanent lubrication in fans, when you really think about it...

Comment

Working...
        X