No announcement yet.

help can't find replacement caps!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help can't find replacement caps!!!!

I have a few DMM that read capacitance.. but none of them read a high enough value. The best one I have limits out at 200MFD

Comment

Guess my last reply didn't post.

I have a DMM that limits out at 200MFD and I have no idea where any electronics stores are around here. Unfortunately I'm in a somewhat isolated area..

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post

Photobucket sucks, as it resizes the images and forces people to watch the pictures on their website.
        Photobucket is known to just delete your photos within a few months, possibly less.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

A DMM with a cap setting gives funky readings back on a bad cap. My Fluke 189 shows a random bad 820μF as being 34.6μF and 330μF as being 67.1uF. All different readings as I dig through the bad-bin and doesn't give a good value unless it's actually a good unit. If these are known to be bad units, I'm afraid a DMM isn't going to help much.

I'm good w/ Photobucket too since 2002. Maybe something's changed and I'm just grandfathered in or something? That's another topic entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Chumly View Post
            My Fluke 189
            I'm jealous. 50,000 count. And you have an ESR tester too!
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
            X