Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recapping Asus EN8600GT SILENT/HTDP/512M

Originally posted by Koda View Post
    Just write him a private message for details about a deal, if he is not subscribed to this thread he might not read this last post you made and btw yes I can vouch for mariushm.
    We already talked privately. Thank you

Comment

I replaced the caps today. No luck... Same green squares appear in the screen, like before, inside windows. When the computer is booting the picture is fine. I guess this is 3D related... Any clues?

Comment

Take out the capacitors and follow the procedure I explained in this topic. It should fix the problem as many series 8000 cards from nvidia have this problem including your 8600 since it uses leadless solder on the BGA chips

Here is the topic and read all posts carefully
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19272

Btw I'm going to warn you too, if you try this method don't us an oven that you use to cook in. If you have any questions fell free to ask.
        Guns don't solve problems. I'll take 12

Comment

I already knew that method. I've done it and remains the same. I discovered I'm not the only one with this "Checkerboard syndrome" as they call it. It seems it is related with the S-Video out all across the 8600 series (GT and GTS)and someone found a solution to this problem, but at the cost of disabling half the shader pipelines and tv-out. Not to mention the massive loss of performance by doing this. There must be another way.

Here is the screenshot:

and here is the info

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=47982&st=0

I tried all the solutions there.. No can do.

Any thoughts? Thank you

Comment

Well seems there is no fix for the card except disabling half of the shaders. What I think is wrong with the card is most probably a burnt smd component somewhere on the card be it a resistor, ferite bead, capacitor or even an IC. I'm not that good at troubleshooting components to tell you how to do that. Maybe some of the other members can help you with that if you want to try to repair it on smd level.

Comment

Thanks.. I guess this is goodbye to this card :/

Comment

why not keep the card for backup and if you need to use it just disable the shaders. Or if you plan to trash it send it to me, I could put it to use

Comment

Working...
                X