AcBel power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AcBel power supply

I have an Apple PowerMac dual g4 (MDD) computer and with my last power blink the Mac doesn't startup. I had the power supply checked and they said that all of the voltages were correct. The power supply is an AcBel 360 watts and my question is should I recap it even though the voltages are correct? Thanks

Re: AcBel power supply

I'd check inside before you do anything. See if you can actually see dead capacitors...The power supply should probably be able to do its voltages alright, but not under high loads, and they will be more loosely regulated. But the actual voltage regulation is done mostly by chips and the capacitors do the smoothing. So unless the chips were fried, then the voltages would probably be okay.

But that might be entirely wrong...As I said, check inside the power supply to see if you see any bloated, domed, or leaking capacitors...And if not, write down the manufacturer, series, and value...Certain series of capacitors are so nasty they don't even show that they are busted when they really are.

Comment

Re: AcBel power supply

Thanks for your help. I had to push the pmu button on the motherboard. I guess when we had the power glitch it must have done something to the PMU on the board.

Comment

Working...
      X