This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hiya, Came here looking for a fix for my Samsung SyncMaster 213T... Looks like bad caps...

Comment

Hi! Peter , from the Philippines. Thanks to badcaps.net for accepting me in your forum.

Comment

I'm Osvaldas From Lithuania.
        Electronics is my hobby and livelihood.

Comment

Hello all, new member here from Oklahoma, USA.

I am a fan of this site and used it in the past to help repair(recap) an old hans spree monitor. It is still working to this day.

Enjoy learning form the many knowledgeable members on the site.

Comment

Hello all. I'm from Louisiana, USA. Hoping to fix my piece of turd Samsung TV.

Thanks for all the advice that everyone here provides..

Comment

Greetings iam squeekycap and just thought to say hello and I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying your hunts for dodgy caps and odd problem solving I enjoy salvaging and reconditioning alsorts of electronics and routinely find poor quality components and blown caps and often enjoy changing them for better if not overated components ..

Comment

Hello all, I'm from Singapore and I'm here looking for advice to fix my dell display which I pickup at the trash pile :P

Comment

Hello all, I am from Slovakia. I would like to fix my TV.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm from Arizona, and I'm attempting to diagnose my LG 50PC3D with vertical bars/stripes running down part of left side. Want to repair it myself, but not sure I can. Am willing to try it though. Hi to all.

Comment

Hello all! Drew from GA. I enjoy troubleshooting, fixing and modding electronics. I am by no means an expert but look forward to the next challenge.

Comment

Hi im SkeeterUK. From the UK. I have registered with the site in hopes of some assistance with monitor repair.

I have a dell st2410 monitor. It was flickering on the brightness. I suspected the cfl bulbs but was then told it could be bad caps inside. With it being unusable my monitor i thought why not and open it up to see if there was any.

http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/Sk...slideshow/caps

As you can see there wasnt but no buldging doesnt auto mean not a bad cap. I dont have a multimeter i dont know squat about electrics tho im good at pcs and building em. Anyhow, if it was bad caps i was gona get my cuson to solder new ones in if i could find out what caps was needed. Anyhow as pics, i duno if its caps afterall.

Problem was, pink hue in the bottom left corner of the screen when viewing a all white screen like notepad open. When starting monitor it was all pink near the bottom not as bad on the top half but went away after 15 secs. This is from a cold boot. Later as of today. It was flickering light and dark. It wasnt too bad, then it stayed on longer and flickered more. Then once today it went black as if turned off (duno if it did turn in to standby or not cant recall color on power button) then came on about half a min later or somit.

Anyhow, i cant post a new topic it seems, so any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Hello, Silliz here. Glad to have found this forum. Looks like lots of valuable information here.

Comment

Hello I'm RJ and I just joined. Need help repairing a couple of Panasonic plasmas. I will post in the appropriate section. Thanks

Comment

Heya, I am in Arizona, East of Phoenix. I am here to learn more about switching power supplies. especially those in Apple computers. I repair them as a way to keep busy in my retirement. I used to be an electronics technician, but that was so long ago i only seem to remember how to solder. I am getting a new multimeter, a workbench power supply, and a solder station.
                              I was a network engineer for 15 years so i still love working on all kinds of computer parts and equipment.
                              But i really don't know that much about power supplies. So i am really just starting this particular journey. So i am sure i will need lots of help. Maybe i can even help some others.

Comment

Hi guys
                                I've recently taken the plunge into electronics after years of messing and fixed my first plasma...ish! Learning all the time though and getting into it now Cheers for having us

Comment

My name is Joseph. I joined to try and get some questions answered after my tv stopped working after a power surge.

Comment

Colin Anderson from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. Some experience of mending and building electronic stuff looking for help with Samsung monitor(s)

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                      My name is Leyton and im a commercial Gas Engineer from Newport, South Wales-UK. I don't no a great deal about repairing TV's, but im a tinkerer and can put my hand to most things, basically im here to learn and try to help if I can!.

Comment

Hello, I'm newbie

Comment

hi every one.. good day!!
                                          Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Working...
                                          X