Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony 65XBR900a - Horizontal lines and yellow stain

Hi!

First, thank you for having me here, this community seems exactly what I was looking for.

I have a LED Sony 65" TV model number 65XBR905a - it's the same as the international model branded 65XBR900a, the 5 only specifies it's for latin america.

My TV has long time passed the warnity and I can't claim anything from the seller or sony anymore.

After much googling I found this thread at AVS:
    http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...nel-dying.html

Which states sony Japan is aware of the horizontal line problem of the TV. Sadly I can't ask for a new panel here in Brazil.

The problem is that I have a square yellow stain in the uper left corner of the TV.
    That can be seen here:
    http://imgur.com/a/KZoe8
    (big picture with huge resolution taken from my phone, I believe it's better just leave the link to it to avoid polution in the forum)

When displaying a grey background I get a light grey in the entire upper part of the TV and the correct grey image on 2/3 of the image.

All the problems are way more noticeable when displaying bright images.

Could this be a bad led tube?
    I can find most of the spare parts of this TV from used sets except for the panel.
    So, unless it's a defective panel I still have hope for this set.

Thank you in advance for reading my thread.

Re: Sony 65XBR900a - Horizontal lines and yellow stain

From what I could see......I think you do have a bad panel.....Post some pictures of the TV with the rear cover removed and one with video signal applied so we could see what is really showing on YOUR screen. There may be a trick or two that we could try to remedy your symptom.

Comment

I'm really sorry for the late reply. I've been to the hospital and fixing a tv was the last thing my health would allow.

I finally took the pictures from inside the TV and some test patterns to show the problem.

imageupload

This tv is too big, too heavy to take somewhere and also here in a small city in Brazil it's almost impossible to find someone to work on it.

Comment

Someone?

At least do you think it's a panel defect or it could be something else?
        Is it worth still investigating?

Comment

feed in some color bar patterns to help show how the screen responds (lots of known test patterns can be found on dvd special features and in computer file to generate of a computer). Odds are high it is a panel issue BUT depending on the makeup of the panel, some can be saved by removing the tab drivers on the troubled side of the set. Not sure about this sony. Look for tab bonded flex cables along each side.... don't try to do anything just yet other than look. Provide pictures of what you find.
          Last edited by budwich; 07-21-2017, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X