Digihome (Vestel) LED Backlighting Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digihome (Vestel) LED Backlighting Problem

i think yours DMM 3 Volts one.. so its not really correct as i said there no such 1050 however you are correct now to know which need to change... what are the serial label print on the strips..?
    Last edited by Diah; 08-21-2016, 03:06 PM.

Comment

disregard.
      Last edited by CapLeaker; 08-21-2016, 03:40 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
        disregard.
        I thought in diode mode it was measuring resistance, ie 1050 ohms. Is that not the case?

In resistor test mode I get the same numbers ie 1050 ohms in one direction, and open circuit (infinite ohms) in the other direction.
        Last edited by bigalxyz; 08-21-2016, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
          i think yours DMM 3 Volts one.. so its not really correct as i said there no such 1050 however you are correct now to know which need to change... what are the serial label print on the strips..?
          I'm not sure what the serial number is on the LED strips - I'll check tomorrow. I've already ordered some replacement LEDs though which I should be able to "stack" onto the existing strips (discussed this earlier in this thread). eBay so they should be with me in a day or two, fingers crossed.

Thanks for your comments tonight, very grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by bigalxyz View Post
            I thought in diode mode it was measuring resistance, ie 1050 ohms. Is that not the case?

In resistor test mode I get the same numbers ie 1050 ohms in one direction, and open circuit (infinite ohms) in the other direction.
            The voltage drop is measured in Diode mode.

Comment

The voltage drop is measured in Diode mode.
              Not sure what I'm looking at in that case. 1050 volt drop?! Or could it be showing millivolts? Why would I see the exact same voltage drop number as I see in ohms using the resistor test function. This is all very confusing.

Anyway - I think we've successfully identified the suspect LEDs so I suppose the first job is to replace those and then see what happens.

Comment

I think your meter is rubbish. You should not have the same readings in Ohm or Diode mode. Anyhow, I am sure it's the LED's.

Comment

I think your meter is rubbish. You should not have the same readings in Ohm or Diode mode. Anyhow, I am sure it's the LED's.
                  The meter is quite old so perhaps it has a fault. Maybe it's time to replace it.

Comment

Good idea. Some decent low cost meters, look maybe at Uni-T. High Quality is more expensive, look at Fluke or Agilent / Keysight.
                    I am pretty sure you'd be confused, if you get rubbish readings.

Comment

This is just total mess, they wont break down like that anyway. I will come back when you finish faffing.
                      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                        This is just total mess, they wont break down like that anyway. I will come back when you finish faffing.
                        I had to look up "faffing". Never had heard of that word, but I like it.
                        The polite translation for:
                        "to aimlessly waste time doing useless tasks".

Comment

I had to look up "faffing". Never had heard of that word, but I like it.
                          The polite translation for:
                          "to aimlessly waste time doing useless tasks".
                          Lol just uneeded mess IMO, I will let them get on with it
                          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Working...
                          X