Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 inch Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ85H

Hi There
    New to the forum but hopefully someone can help me. I have TH-50PZ85U that is 8 years old. Bought it with the black vertical line problem. Was told that it happened about three months ago. As it seems everyone has suggested that I find the ribbon connector that is directly in line with the black line and I did. I removed the ribbon cable and cleaned the connector and ribbon cable with alcohol and a Q tip and reinstalled the cable and no change. I removed the ribbon cable once again and powered up the TV. This confirmed that I had the right ribbon connector and the top half of the line changed to horizontal thin black lines and the bottom half went to what I call snow. I reconnected the cable and everything returned to a solid black vertical line. Can anyone suggest where I should go from here. Is it a bad panel, is it the circuit board that the ribbon connector is connected to or is it another board? I hope someone can provide some suggestions as I don't want to scrap the TV just yet.
    Thank you
    Bruce
    Last edited by BruceAG; 07-12-2016, 10:15 AM.

Re: 50 inch Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ85H

I think its a bad ic on the flatcable thats bad. Its not repairable unfortunately because its attached to the panel.
    It has a specific name which i forgot.
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Don't toss it,those main boards are worth money these days
      Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Also the power supply of this tv is worth money so as Martino says. Keep the parts and sell them. With the money you can buy a defective plasma and repair it?
        Last edited by Moreno83; 07-12-2016, 12:34 PM.
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Thanks So much for all your input on this. It is refreshing to see that there are members out there willing to provide suggestions. I was hoping that it might be a a bad interface board that the ribbon connector is fastened to. For the time being I will enjoy the TV complete with the black line while I look into where I could list the power supply board and main board.
          Thanks again for every ones input.

Bruce

Comment

If reseating the ribbon cable does not work then it's the panel thats failing.

Just put the boards on Ebay/craigslist and im sure you will loose them.

Comment

You want to read this thread.
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...al+line+buffer

According to this thread, bad panel if the vertical line has sparkle dots line (not solid black).

Comment

Working...
              X