Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewsonic/HP LCDs with bad caps

Guys,

My stepdad has been finding discarded LCD displays through his workplace (he's a carpenter who works in office buildings) and many of these LCDs have bad caps. The plague has also hit these too, but what is surprising is what I have come across.

Many of these monitors happen to be HP and Viewsonic models, and it bothers me personally as I attend a college that buys strictly Macs, HP PCs and accessories and Dell printers. Need I say more? And the L2045w's that my stepdad has come across have the same capacitor issues it seems. My college also has a few of these LCDs as well.

Any thoughts? Comments?

Re: Viewsonic/HP LCDs with bad caps

Many big name companies don't make their own stuff anymore. They get someone else to make it and just put their logo on the front.

Get your Stepdad to collect them, recap, resell, and help pay your way through college.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Re: Viewsonic/HP LCDs with bad caps

A ONE YEAR UPDATE:

I've saved all the L2045w's from the scrapper. One is the second monitor in my bedroom, the second is the monitor for another computer in my room, the third my younger half brother uses on his machine. A fourth I need to possibly re-solder as I don't think I did a good enough job.

I've sold a few of my items that I've fixed, given them to friends.

Comment

Working...
      X