Samsung SyncMaster T240 - 2 seconds then black problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung SyncMaster T240 - 2 seconds then black problem

Sorry to bring up an older thread. But has anyone found a solution to this?

Burn marks in the same place on mine, except my monitor is a T260, but same looking board.
    I have resoldered most of the major components hoping that might fix the problem.

But same 2 seconds on then off.

I have a new transformer on the way, thats the next step.

Other than that, all the capacitors look ok, doesnt mean that they are though.

Cheers
    Dribbles

Comment

Mine ended up having a bad main board. The processor chip got hot to the touch and after changing the board, it was 100%. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by waitery View Post
        Mine ended up having a bad main board. The processor chip got hot to the touch and after changing the board, it was 100%. Good luck!
        As in the whole power board?

Or the other board thats in the case?

Cheers

Comment

All good guys.
          If anyone has this problem in the future, it was the transformer. Unsoldered, resoldered the new one,
          put it back together, All is well

Comment

I have the same issue, replaced 6 caps and transformer t301, no luck, any other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by nonenon View Post
              I have the same issue, replaced 6 caps and transformer t301, no luck, any other suggestions?
              Retiredcaps has written an excellent troubleshooting guide for this problem. It's been revised several times, the latest version is at the end.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

model: 2233bw -
                I have a 2 seconds then black problem after replacing an AP4506GEH ((Push/Pull Mosfet dual channel N/P) to-242 SMD 4 + 1 legs.)

With 2x TO-220 packaged MOSFET with similar ratings (30v rdson 0.28ohm/0.36ohm) and connecting the D legs together to make a dual mosfet.
                The very reason i did go this desperate path is because couldn't find AP4506GEH or anything similar (several mosfets with same package mentioned in this forum) in the Thai semiconductor market.

The least is that the MOSFET tweak did work. However, I will post photo of the charred board and circuit pattern around the AP4506GEH, and offcourse the driver mosfet is burnt as well.

After reading the above posts, I can only think of the transformer gone bad. But isn't there any way to revive this end transformer? lets say by chilling it in a freezer and injecting epoxy glue to it afterwards? i saw some aircon engineers did it with such coils here in thailand.

My only releive is that it does light up for 2 seconds. I reflowed many points and changed 2 capacitors..

Still have to measure the transformer. Anyone know where i can buy this?

I'll up some pics tommorow. Cheers!.
                Last edited by preface; 02-16-2012, 01:31 PM. Reason: model addition

Comment

@preface: If it's a different model monitor, you might be better off opening a new thread for it.
                  That would also help others to find it without having to dig through a multi-page thread for a different monitor to find the relevant posts

Comment

Any advice please T240 classic two second on off. Have replaced caps and transformer. If I switch the monitor on and off a number of times the screen will come on however to get it to switch on again i have to cycle on/off a number of times. Have wasted too much time on this please any advice or help.

Comment

Check the Backlights.

Comment

I had the same problem (switch off after a few seconds) ;swapping with a CCFL of recovery I finally found that it was the top CCFL (CN304) : during disassembly I overview the wire was stripped and insulation damaged .

Comment

I replace whith a ccfl to led kit , and it works !!! for a long time I hope ...

Comment

I replace whith a ccfl to led kit , and it works !!! for a long time I hope ...
                            Hi there!
                            Bringing up the tread again hoppfully for some answer from you.

I have the same problem on my T220HD monitor.
                            Checked all capacitors and it looks good.
                            I have checked all the voltage both on mainboard and the other board and it.s ok.
                            Checked the ccfls and the all lights up in 2 second and then go out, checked them on same connector.
                            It must be the transformer on the power board.

lu33390
                            Where did you buy your led conversion set and do you have some instruction on how to change it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I have T240, but I'm missing the value and voltage for :
                              C109
                              C114
                              C118

In the first post picture i could see C109 is 47uF 50 V

I replaced all the capacitors but The problem appear again three days after, so I think it is that i used bad value for these three...

Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi,
                                T240hd:I replaced transformer (brend new) & capacitor (not low ESR) but problem still present!
                                Already check fuses and are ok; any Idea ?

Comment

Originally posted by buddacedcc View Post
                                  Hi,
                                  T240hd:I replaced transformer (brend new) & capacitor (not low ESR) but problem still present!
                                  Already check fuses and are ok; any Idea ?
                                  How check CCFLs wiring ?

Comment

Originally posted by buddacedcc View Post
                                    How check CCFLs wiring ?
                                    Solved! Cold solder in CCFL!!!
                                    To check necessary disassembly LCD.

Comment

Having the same "2 seconds then black" problem with my T240, I want to ask if there is a possibility to check the Inverter coils as long as the inverter is still on baord?

Is there futher a possibility to check between Inverter/caps problem and a problem with the lamps ?

Caps, inverter and board itselve does not show any sign of failure.

Thank you very much for assistance.

willi300

Comment

Originally posted by willi3007 View Post
                                        I want to ask if there is a possibility to check the Inverter coils as long as the inverter is still on board?
                                        Yes what is the part number on the transformer
                                        Is there further a possibility to check between Inverter/caps problem and a problem with the lamps ?
                                        Only by using a spare lamp ( Monitor with good lamp?) or build a test lamp.
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...er+testing+cfl

Caps, inverter and board itself does not show any sign of failure.
                                        AS this is your first post do you have the experience to say that?

See Also
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419 start post19
                                        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thank you so much for the fast reply:
                                          - the part # of the inverter is TM-10160 / TNE 0913DT
                                          - the board and it's parts look all like brand new - now burns, no Deformation, no colour Change or dirt.
                                          Looking forward to hearing soon again from you

willi3007

Comment

Working...
                                          X