X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenwood Chef A901 Series

Hi All
    Have just replaced the Caps and Triac on this machine,
    I now have the problem that if I lay the machine on its side the speed is fine, but, when I stand it vertically the speed goes wonky.
    I have a fair amount of lateral play on the motor, could this be affecting the speed control, governor, I have looked for a parts layout on the web to see if I could use washwers to stabilise the shaft but alas can find none, ANY IDEAS anyone ANY help will be appreciated
    Regards to all

Re: Kenwood Chef A901 Series

sounds to me like the bearings are shot?

Comment

Oh, and check for bad solder joints. They can cause intermittent issues like this.
      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Ah, mixers, I haven't seen that one, but I have rebuilt my kitchenaid a few times and done some work on commercial mixers.

Given the strangeness in speed, my mind immediately goes to the contacts of the speed switch (dial?) or broken teeth in the gearing. Jiggle the switch while its on to see if you get any change in behavior there. If that fails, Id dig into the gear box, check to make sure snap rings have not been dislodged (snap ring pliers make this easy). Broken teeth tend to be obvious, even wear that causes slipping, less so.

If there is a lot of slack in the motor, it could be the bearings, you can usually tell by manually spinning the motor. Any roughness or grainy feeling and the bearings should be pulled and replaced. A slide hammer and a shop press come in handy for this.

Comment

I just redid a Kenwood Major. Did you repack the gearbox? If not you may want to look inside and see if there is a lot of wear? BTW that picture was taken before the feet arrived from the UK.

Comment

Working...
          X