Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Acer 1716 problems

Originally posted by Skoffer View Post
    Any advice on how to test the mosfets would be much appreciated.
    See section 2

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...0&postcount=13
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Here is a picture of mine , I see "6" swollen caps. Figured for ~ $10.00 it's worth a shot.

Sorry for the poor quality pictures .

God Speed, Fred
      Attached Files
      God Speed , Fred

Comment

@fc227a
        Bearing in mind that you dont tell us what the problem/s is/are. You dont tell us what tests you have done and as you say the pictures are poor and reveal nothing we dont know if it is worth a shot.
        Use good quality caps panasonic FR, FM and FC or other good quality caps from
        digikey/mouser or a known good dealer. Caps from radioshack will not do.
        Care with ebay - many fake caps about.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Your right

About my self I have been in electronics for 35 + years I am a Test Engineering Sustain-er for in circuit test @ Honeywell. Been a TV repairman for a few years before that ( Lic. number TVR0701142). , Electronic tech for Picker International and Graduated Connecticut school of electronics in 1978 . (yes they had electricity back then) .

The Monitor would not light up and the power led was flashing.

I had this Acer hanging around for a few years and today decide to dig into , because winter is here and I can't race and or fly RC. I ran across this thread. Seen it was old , decided to post to it.

Anyhow , I found 6 swollen caps and thought I would give it a try. Waiting on the parts.

Sorry if I broke protocol , Not my intention to step on any toes.
          Last edited by fc227a; 01-04-2015, 03:14 PM.
          God Speed , Fred

Comment

hahaha well clearly you know more about this than I do - welcome to the forum, if you can spare the time I hope you can help out.
            before you shell out for caps you might want to check the secondary windings on the inverter transformers. I know your symptoms dont point to that as a problem (as it doesnt flash on at all ?) but if they are bad they may be difficult to find or comparatively expensive for a 17" monitor repair.
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Sorry if I came across a little strong .

Good point , I will check the transformers.
              God Speed , Fred

Comment

Well the caps are bad , I pulled @ break tine @ Work , Put the LCR across them the 1000ufd where measure 8 ufd and the 470 & 220 where measuring 1 ufd @ 1khz. Also found a few bad solder connections around to power and inverter transformers.

I think the new caps in are in place it will work again. Maybe
                God Speed , Fred

Comment

Good - let us know how it goes.

Comment

It work's, Thank you Jesus !
                    God Speed , Fred

Comment

Hurrah! - another one saved.

Comment

Yes, but my Dell 1704 died. Screen lights up for ~ 2 seconds and shuts off.
                        God Speed , Fred

Comment

Well thats next to fix then? - start a new a post - a lot of dell monitors used to suffer from bad solder joints.

Comment

Good Lord willing that is all that is wrong with that one.
                            God Speed , Fred

Comment

Working...
                            X