OpenDNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OpenDNS

Thanks for this thread I've been having page loading issues for months now.

Thought my router was crapping out on me when pages didn't load properly or it took two reload attempts to even load a web site. I figured after reading this thread lets see if it's DNS related.

My Windows 2003 Server handles DNS resolution not my router so I switched the DNS forward lookups from my ISP to Googles DNS servers and all of my issues magically vanished. Pages load lightning fast again now.

I've never given DNS much thought I figured it either worked and you got a webpage or it didn't and you got a not found error. My ISP is Optimum Online (Cablevision) by the way. I don't know if their servers are overloaded or what but their DNS is garbage.
    Last edited by Krankshaft; 06-28-2011, 08:04 PM.
    Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Hmm never had a problem here. OpenDNS here, at work, and at client's sites.
      36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Response from OpenDNS:

"Sorry for any inconvenience, this should be resolved at this time. There appears to be a communication issue between some OpenDNS servers and MyDomain.com which hosts the domains in question. We've instituted a workaround and are in contact with MyDomain.com to get the situation resolved permanently as soon as possible."
        better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Looks like my ISP has done something right, I can access the site fine now without needing to use Google's DNS.
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
          X