Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MacBook Pro Hard Disck to SSD Ocz Agility 3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Pro Hard Disck to SSD Ocz Agility 3...

Here http://merlinmac.blogspot.com/2011/0...-tu-disco.html

Re: MacBook Pro Hard Disck to SSD Ocz Agility 3...

real shame they used that brand of SSD. I'm only using Intel SSDs. It may not be the fastest SSD like the OCZ, However the OCZ has a poor reliability record. They really don't get along with Dell laptops BTW. I chose Reliable over speed.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...rtex2-Agility2
    For details. the OCZ they recommend not cloning, with the Intel I just cloned the existing drive and done Intel provides cloning S/W too.

Comment

Then I installed on a macbook pro with 4 gigs ddr3 i5, and boots in 12 seconds. Overall performance is very good on this unit, I am very surprised and is almost at the level of intel. Perhaps the fastest I've tested with Windows for example has been the brand Kingston ... if it is true that the new intel are the creme de la creme .... Greetings fellow and thanks for your response.

Comment

The Intel from my research are not the fastest. Just the most reliable. From my reading the MacBook Pro OS also does not support trim on the SSD

And yes I would say any SSD will improve the computer. I put one in an older single core and the startup time is much better and the applications load real fast. I now do not mind using it. I cloned the old drive as I didn't want to have to start over with a faster computer and set everything up again. I'm a bit lazy that way.

My Desktop I do not mind re-doing periodically. The laptop is my do anything financial computer.

With a 12 seconds boot it sure is nice isn't it.

You might want to visit the OCZ forums and look for tips and utilities to keep it running best.

Comment

Thanks for the help, soys the best ... I love this forum.

Comment

Working...
          X