hi i'm a newbie here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi i'm a newbie here...

hello there...first of all, i would like to ask if i am welcome in this forum? i have a problem to consult...about my motherboard, it is msi k9vgm-v am2 socket. i bought it, during it was test it is working. now, when i bought a casing for it and try to open it the fan of the proceesor will just run a bit and will stop then it will not continue. there's no burn damage to the motherboard....i tested my power supply and it is working well. so, masters, what seems to be the problem of it. i am looking forward for any help..thank you very much.

Re: hi i'm a newbie here...

try another psu.

Comment

i already try another psu sir..but still no luck...same scenario..

Comment

so lemme get this straight

you opened the case and your problems start? CLOSE THE CASE duh! jk

Seriously just becasue your power supply makes another system turn on doesnt mean it will make that one turn on. So try another power supply, and if in fact you did, my apologies, its just in past 7 years troubleshooting a problem the end user is never honest. "I didnt do anything!"

Anywho if it really happenend when you openended case, then you probably grabbed the case by side or top while moving it and flexed the whole case, and the motherboard not screwed down tight enough moved just enough to cause something to cause it not to post

Me? i would try resetting the CMOS, most times it not the problem, but when it is, dont it feel good to think thats all you had to do?

Comment

wait a second..

from what i understood, you bought that board and tested it and it worked.
          but it doesn't work when you put it into your new case...right?

sounds like a standoff too much.. (i've had that before.. shorted the board from the back, and when you tried to turn it on the fans just twitched and the PSU wen't into SCP (short circuit protection) took forever to find that out )

some info's would be a great start... make/model of your PSU for example..

resetting the CMOS as mattch said.. well.. give it a try.
          if that doesn't do anything remove the board from the case and benchtest it with only the psu/cpu/ram and (if it doesn't have onboard video) a graphics card..

if it works fine then, look if there's a standoff too much in the case or something else that shorts out...

Comment

Or none stand offs...
            Last edited by sofTest; 04-07-2010, 12:46 PM.
            ------------
            Be a mensch

Comment

Working...
            X