Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2407WFp, strange problems

Hello,

I am having some problems with my 2407. It sometimes switched off entirely so I now decided to replace all caps on the power supply and the inverter board. I did not actually pay attention to choosing low ESR models or anything, I just matched capacity and voltage rating.

So I ended up with some "YAEGO SY" for the 470uF/35V: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...57604443,d.Yms

and "YAEGO SE-K" for all of the rest:

while the former are low esr models, the others are not.

When replacing one of the capacitors I ripped off a trace which I replaced with a thin isolated wire. that should not be an issue.

Nevertheless, most of the times when switching on the monitor, it now shows wild colors and stripes until I repower it or wait some seconds. As a matter of fact, this seems to depend on the angle, the monitor is lying at, which I find rather strange.

It seems that some circuit that delivers the image to the panel does not power up! When working normally, some whirring sound comes out of the circuit below the shielding can which accepts the lvds cable. When I get artifacts and lines and such, the whirring is gone and the monitor is silent.

Can this be caused by choosing those SE-K type Capacitors, which are of too low quality? I did not have that problem before. Still, the backlight is working perfectly fine.

Thank you in advance,
    Adrian
    Last edited by elagil; 12-05-2013, 11:49 AM.

Re: Dell 2407WFp, strange problems

Check your soldering with a magnifying glass and disconnect clean and reconnect ALL cables. Fact that it changes with different angles suggests a physical problem.

Then consider upgrading your caps
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Re: Dell 2407WFp, strange problems

I swapped the 1uF cap with the one that came installed and the problems are gone. Might be that this is because of the improved solder joint due to the second attempt at soldering.
      However I am going to leave it that way. I guess that the 1uF Cap has not failed anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X