LCD Dell E176FPf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD Dell E176FPf

hey guys, i'm back!! i have another monitor to repair. this monitor is a LCD Dell E176FPf. The problem with this monitor is that it doesn't turn on at all. I opened it up, checked for bad caps in the power supply, but i can't spot any. i'm attaching pictures for your advice. thanks for all your help guys!
    Attached Files

Re: LCD Dell E176FPf

1) A good fuse measures less than 1.0 ohms. Check it (highlighted in yellow).

2) If the fuse is good, see if secondary DC voltages appear on the logic part of the board. There are 3 voltage regulators marked in red. Measure each pin except the tab with respect to cold ground (use a mounting screw).

List the part number and DC voltage for each pin.

3) If all DC voltages are 0.0 V DC, then measure the DC voltage across the legs of the 100uF 450 V cap (marked in blue). It should be 165 V DC if you are in North America.

4) What is the DC voltage across the startup cap (circled in lime green)? Is it steady or fluctuating?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by retiredcaps; 12-16-2011, 09:59 PM.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

This monitor and equivalents are notorious as unrepairable. The fools who designed the firmware save some operating parameters in program memory - the 8 pin IC with the paint dot next to the processor. Eventually the firmware gets corrupted, and the processor won't work. If the proper voltages are present on the processor end of the card, your only hope is finding a source of a chip with the firmware preloaded.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

i have same model but .....on off button is not working.....seem like firm ware programe fault.if any body have that in bin file.....plz.

Comment

I there

I Have one of these to repair, check the mosfet, the resistors from the PWM IC. This is a common problem on this type of Power supplys.

Compliments

Comment

Working...
          X