• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E207WFPc

Originally posted by killian6pk View Post
    Connector Label Reads:
    Black = N/F
    Okay, it took me a while to figure out N/F. It is oN/ofF.

You need to monitor this pin as you turn the power on and off. You may need to do this test several times.

I'm expecting to see 0.0V and something more than 2.0V (like 3.3V) as you press the on/off button.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

All right I'll get on it.
      Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

The monitor does not power on at all, no light or flicker or anything.
        Does the power LED come on at all? All the voltages to the logic board seem to be correct.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Ok what I have done is I have the power board and main board hooked up and the power cord is plugged into a power strip with an on/off switch. If I touch my probe to the black wire connector coming from the n/f spot on the power board to the main board the DC readings are all over the place. They never settle down. My black probe I had connected to one of the grounding screw holes.

I switched over to AC and got steady readings but they were like 46v.

I am assuming that it is DC we are looking for? Should I be grounding somewhere else?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
            Does the power LED come on at all? All the voltages to the logic board seem to be correct.
            Just saw this post. I will have to reassemble the monitor to check the readings and to see if the power light is coming on. I still need to have my black probe connected somewhere to have a free hand to cycle the on/off button. What's your suggestion on where to connect it?

Comment

I am assuming that it is DC we are looking for? Should I be grounding somewhere else?
              You want to measure DC.

If I'm right about the N/F (i.e. oN/ofF), it should be 0.0 and > 2.0V DC. I use a ground screw closest to the connector for ground (my black probe). Red probe stays on the N/F pin. If you have aligator clips, they help a lot.

If your multimeter has a min/max function, that would help a lot too.
              Last edited by retiredcaps; 11-16-2011, 04:20 PM.
              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I will have to reassemble the monitor to check the readings and to see if the power light is coming on.
                Wait on reassembly. Measure the N/F pin again.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Got it all hooked up and the boards are up side down of course. I can't hook up the screen because I would not be able to get to the boards to check voltages (I will post pictures of the way this goes together tomorrow). The power led does not come on. There is 3.2v (when I push the power button) on the underside of the main board at the connection attached to the black wire coming from the power board. Don't know if the accomplishes anything or not. I am going to quit for tonight and pick this back up in the morning. Thanks for the help.
                  Last edited by killian6pk; 11-16-2011, 04:51 PM. Reason: to correct info

Comment

There was one person who fixed a lcd just recently (last week?) and reported that the power led didn't work after the repair. So just for fun, please hookup a working computer to the lcd just in case everything is working and the power LED is burnt out.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

To test the led,just means putting a small DC voltage across it,and sometimes,just measuring across it with the meter set on diode test,puts a voltage acorss it and MAY be enough to light it,a 1.5 battery would certainly do it.and by reversing input leads should enable it to change colour.it is a very simple test.

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                        There was one person who fixed a lcd just recently (last week?) and reported that the power led didn't work after the repair. So just for fun, please hookup a working computer to the lcd just in case everything is working and the power LED is burnt out.
                        I'm back and will try to both put a diode test on the led and reassemble the monitor to see if it comes on. Back in a short time.

Comment

Ran the diode test on led and it lit up on each side for each color.

Put the monitor back together and hooked it up to the computer. Got very nice white backlights, but no picture or power led. On and Off switch did work, however. What is the next thing to try?

Comment

Got very nice white backlights, but no picture or power led.
                            1) Double check the connector from the logic board to the panel board. Even if it looks seated properly, maybe reseat and clean the connections with alcohol. These connectors are often fragile so be careful.

2) The panel board which runs lengthwise across the top of the lcd sometimes has a fuse. If it is open, you would get a white screen.
                            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I'll check both thanks.

Comment

I looked both the Panel and Main Boards over thoroughly and could not find a fuse on either board. However, in looking the main board over it appears that the connector to the front button bar has a pin that is broken off. I am going to try to repair it with a cut off piece of resistor wire. We'll see how that works and I will get back to you all with a report. That connector is really poorly designed and fragile. I don't know if I broke it off or if the previous owner did trying to work on the monitor before giving up. Thanks

Comment

I looked both the Panel and Main Boards over thoroughly and could not find a fuse on either board.
                                  On the panel board, the fuse is usually SMD style and denoted with a "F". For example, F1.
                                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. Had to do some stuff with my Dad he is in the early stages of Dementia and we were trying to get a roofer and have some work done on his house.

I finally found a fuse on the Main Board (it test good) and just tonight found a fuse on the Controller (Panel) board. I took a picture, but it is really small. It is just above the red dot I placed on the picture. I need some help with what the specs are on the fuse. Of course there is nothing written on the fuse itself.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

just tonight found a fuse on the Controller (Panel) board. I took a picture, but it is really small.
                                      1) Is the fuse open?

2) The picture is too fuzzy to tell. If your camera has macro mode, enable it and take the board to a window when it is sunny outside. That should produce a clear focused image.
                                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Sometimes my fingers outpace my brain. Yes I tested the fuse on the controller board both for continuity (showed open) and on the resistance setting went directly to O.F so I believe the fuse is bad. As soon as we see some sunshine I will retake the picture. Supposed to get some today. So after turkey I will repost a picture.

Comment

Turkey was postponed for about an hour. I took the picture again and the Fuse is the little white SMD just above the red dot. It is also just to right of the first leg of the big IC with 3 legs. Hope this picture is clear enough.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X