Horizon 2206SW repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizon 2206SW repair

Had this one brought in today by someone who saw my ad on a local computer forum. He said he hasn't used it for about an year, because it took 20-30 minutes to turn on. I instantly knew what that meant... yup, bad caps.

Sharp eyes will also notice something funky about the power supply connector where the inverter plugs in, but i'll let you spot it.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Re: Horizon 2206SW repair

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
    Had this one brought in today by someone who saw my ad on a local computer forum. He said he hasn't used it for about an year, because it took 20-30 minutes to turn on. I instantly knew what that meant... yup, bad caps.

Sharp eyes will also notice something funky about the power supply connector where the inverter plugs in, but i'll let you spot it.
    It appears to be 1 pin short of a full load

By the way your suggestion about using a higher rated reverse voltage on the Schottky diode for the Dell 3008WFP has really paid off for a lot of people
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lumberjack777 View Post
      It appears to be 1 pin short of a full load
      Mmmmyup. And as you probably guessed, i got it wrong first time round.

I got lucky tho - the configuration of the connector is so that the BL_ON got wired to one of the power supply rails but that was all. The inverter wouldn't turn off (full white screen when the panel was supposed to be "off"), but fortunately there was no smoke. Moving the connector to the other position restored 100% normal operation. Phew. Customer picked it up today.

Originally posted by Lumberjack777 View Post
      By the way your suggestion about using a higher rated reverse voltage on the Schottky diode for the Dell 3008WFP has really paid off for a lot of people
      Thanks. I've been keeping an eye on that thread myself - it would be interesting to find the root cause of this, as i suspect it's something on the primary which causes the PSU to require a higher voltage replacement diode after the original blows, but as long as it works... who cares why.
      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

To the OP. I have the same monitor with the same problem. What exactly do I have to replace? (it takes ab 1-2 min to turn on and it's getting worse)

Comment

You have to replace the capacitors on the secondary of the power supply. The side where the 3 ribbon cables plug in. The 16v and 25v ones.

Comment

Done. Thanks! All I had to do was to take it apart. Man, what was there, it was a massacre!

Comment

I just replace the inverter but something goes wrong because i have on/off command only on VGA without ajdustments , DVI doesn`t receive the command to turn on CCFLs . The picture shows the connections .
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thundermaster View Post
                I just replace the inverter but something goes wrong because i have on/off command only on VGA without ajdustments , DVI doesn`t receive the command to turn on CCFLs . The picture shows the connections .
                The inverter doesnt receive the on command from DVI , only from VGA with no posibility to adjust luminosity - it goes in off protection after 60% .

Comment

On the new inverveter are marked the connections : 1,2 +Vcc , 3 on/off , 4 adjust , 5,6 GND .
                  Last edited by Thundermaster; 10-10-2015, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Where i can find power supply schematic diagram for this monitor?

Comment

Working...
                    X