Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OVERCLOCK YOUR IPHONE 3G to run at 1GHZ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OVERCLOCK YOUR IPHONE 3G to run at 1GHZ!

So i decided to overclock an iphone 3g that I own. I figured the worst that can happen is it catching fire.

The stock processors run at about 400Mhz and are under-clocked... why I don't know. Anyways I heard that the 3g processors are meant to run at 600Mhz with ease so I decided to overclocked mine to 999Mhz, and so far so good

Result:
    I have a experienced a noticeable boost in performance and app load time, however battery life took a slight dip.

Anyways if anyone is interested you just have to SSH into your phone and change values in a particular system power management file. If anyone is interested I can elaborate further, just let me know and I will do so.

In several weeks I will probably up it to 1100Mhz and keep going to see how much I can max this thing out and will keep you posted.

I'd like to hear anyone's experiences with overclocking an iphone or any smart phone for that matter.

Re: OVERCLOCK YOUR IPHONE 3G to run at 1GHZ!

I'd like to know how to overclock an iPhone 3G by just a bit, my mother has one and it's quite slow. I personally have a 4S, so speed isn't a problem.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

I got a iPhone 5 now but my girlfriend has a 3G i jailbroke for her so it can use tmobile, would love to see how to do it, even 600mhz would make it feel more like a 3GS. Biggest mistake i ever made was enabling multitasking and wallpaper on a 3G really brought it to its knees.
      My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Have a 3G, my mistakes are same a BigTroll's.
        http://nishantpinto.blogspot.in/

Comment

(The following is only for educational purposes only and should not be attempted unless you, the owner of your device, accept sole responsibility of whatever outcome there is as a result of your experimentation) ;P

Alright so in order to overclock your iphone, first you have to jailbreak it and install Cydia.

Then you will need SSH software to be able to get into your phone and edit a management file inside the OS of the phone, which is responsible for power consumption. ( I use FileZilla and enjoy it as its pretty simple to use)

Next, you navigate through your iphone & go through this path:
          /System/Library/System Configuration/PowerManagement.bundle/

to find the following file:
          com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist

Then you scroll through until you find a 3 digit numerical sequence. This is the frequency that the processor is currently set to. You can change this to any value you want, but do so under your own discretion as sometimes the phone can have a tendency to freak out and only operate in safe mode. Write the original number down and keep it to change it back to original values in case your phone reacts adversely and keeps staying in safe mode.

Good luck and keep us posted of your accomplishment and or failure

Comment

Also I believe that overclocking will result in even better performance for 3gs models, because they have more RAM than the original 3g, which allows for more storage & accessability of temp. data..

Even with my phone running at approx 1GHz, I still see lag due to the fact that there is not enough ram

Comment

My 3Gs battery life sucks now, I can't imagine what this would do to it.
              36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

battery life depends on usage. If you're constantly on the phone & using data or running apps then its all proportional. My phones battery lasts about an entire day.

Comment

Working...
                X