Belinea 2025 S1 2 seconds to black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belinea 2025 S1 2 seconds to black

Neighbor of mine gave me this one to take a look at. It used to work then shut down by itself, and lately wouldn't light the display at all, or light up briefly, display colored lines and patterns and shut back down.

Found two bloated 25v 470uF Capxons on the 12v rail. Replaced, no more funky patterns, nice clean "No Signal" display but shuts down 2 seconds later, way before the LED turns amber to indicate standby state.

The inverter area is fairly toasty also, this thing seems to have run with the bad caps for a while and drawn excess current. I think the FETs or the transformer could be gone. I'm 90% sure the lamps are good, but i'll test them tomorrow before starting to snoop around the inverter.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Re: Belinea 2025 S1 2 seconds to black

Fixed. Redone all the soldering in the areas showing heat damage, and found another bad cap on the 12v rail - a 25v 1000uF Ltec. This one was before the pi filter inductor, hence why output voltage was still low, causing the inverter to shut down.

For some reason they put heatshrink tubing over it, that's why it eluded me at first. Replaced with a Nichicon PS 16v 2200u.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
    X