Kits with active PFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kits with active PFC

I am wondering if there any kits you can build (where you solder in all the components such as capacitors and resistors) which have active power factor correction (PFC) such as inverter motor controllers.

In a recent article for a 1.5kW Induction Speed Controller (for 3-phase motors) from Silicon Chip, the circuit had no provision for active power factor correction (these days, I typically expect a number of things, such as switching power supplies (70W+)and "inverter" airconditioners (as well as other "inverter" products) to have actife power factor correction).
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Kits with active PFC

It's not a trivial thing to design. There are a lot of considerations.

It is mistaken knowledge that a PSU over 70W need include PFC. EU standard merely states that harmonics must be below a certain level. Often the easiest option is PFC, but sometimes a beefier line filter is all that is necessary. Also the standard doesn't apply above 1000W for some reason.

http://www.olfer.com/articulos_elect...N61000_gb.html
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
    X