soyo topaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soyo topaz

i used a util called "dimmer.exe" last nite and i think it killed my Soyo tiopaz 24 inch lcd monitor.
    i'm using my CRT now ...blech
    the soyo showed some vertical stripe -like shadows and would not display any video.
    there was a moment when there was like this orange and white digital vomit on the screen.
    switching my kvm to another pc source did nothing.
    the monitor just sat there with a black screen and faint stripes so i had to plug in this crt to diagnose..
    exerything fine with the crt so the soyo must have croaked.

the PS went in the soyo last year and i ordered a new one from china's
    Taobao thru a purchase agent.

unplugging the crt to test the soyo again ...it had a good nites sleep so
    maybe its all better now..

brb.

Re: soyo topaz

nothing...still sick.

it comes out of standby with a source atached but still just faint gray vertical stipes.
    i remember my desktop flashed on/aff a few times before video went out.

Comment

Sounds like caps probably not inverter transformer or lamps and wiring.

We can help a lot more if you please post good clear pictures of the whole chassis, and then pictures of each board, front and back and close up of connectors, (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) using the manage attachments button, which is found by clicking "go advanced" under quick reply.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

Examples of what is needed
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1290283049

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1280167246
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

ok, take down and tear down. stay tuned.

Comment

photos:
          http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/l...iddr2k4/topaz/

i included the ones the agent shot for me before sending them across the water.
          sold the other ones on ebay since not available here.

this board is REV 3 everones REV 1 popped after a couple years.

Comment

also, i'd like to request a guide for adapting an ATX supply to run this thing. tired of all this.
            i have a couple DC variable boost supply modules i picked up on ebay.

i have 3-4 LCD 17inch square monitors picked up at auction also all have bad GH15/17/18
            supply. was thinking an ATX should be able to run all three.

..have solder iron and wire strippers...will travel.
            Last edited by tvduude; 07-29-2012, 06:06 AM.

Comment

i cant see anything with a magnify glass that looks suspect.

Comment

SOYO TOPAZ DYLM24D6

CGCPOM24EI4 REV 3.11 (i think)

big thread
                http://slickdeals.net/f/1655449-Solv...r-supply-board
                Last edited by tvduude; 07-29-2012, 06:51 AM.

Comment

pics good enough or no?
                  oh..sorry i see you requested no off site photos.
                  shall i upload the same batch here then?

Comment

More is not better in this case- post some decent ones using manage attachments
                    Some of them are ok. Do not post any that are not in focus.
                    There is one of the connectors that is good. Try and get one clear infocus shot
                    of the back and front of each board. Keep the top at the top on both sides.
                    Good light is the key - if you really cant then you will have to do each side in two halves Do not miss the edges off.

Have you tried unplugging, cleaning and reseating all connectors?
                    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

pics
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

i slapped it back together and retried at your mention.. nada..
                          backlight glows but the only video is 2 inch vertical stripe..lowly visable.

i noticed i have done some damage to the ribbon connector chassis tabs at the ...TCON?
                          i guess thats what its called. the one that interfaces the panel.
                          one is pulled up and took the ..clad? with.
                          i figure its ground.. ?
                          solder a wire to it and wrap it to a metal shielding screw?

i suppose i owe you underside photos of the large control button board?

edit:
                          its because i cant figure how to release that ribbon cable.
                          Last edited by tvduude; 07-29-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Well thats not looking good - how much damage?
                            I was going to say
                            Ok - did you unplug , clean and replug ALL Cables?
                            With it all connected up and plugged in put meter on 200VDC and put the black probe on an earth screw on the COLD side of the power supply and with the red probe test each pin and report voltage as follows
                            Pin 1 12v Actual 11.6
                            Pin2 12v Actual 12.1
                            pin3 gnd
                            pin4 5v actual 4.8 and so on

Please only post pictures if we can see anything on them the last lot were flashed out

Comment

my cheap camera does not focus macro.
                              Attached Files

Comment

We are going to be stuck without better pics. Cant tell which socket is
                                damaged. See where the trace went and ohm it out to see if its still connected. If its not then as you say solder a wire - but the the next joint on the trace ( insulated wire) Reinforce the board where broken with some epoxy glue. Without a better pic we cant advise how to disconnect the cable. The two side by side look to have a release bar which you have to lift
                                carefully - both ends together - they get very brittle, then the cable just slides out.

NB some cables are permanantly attached so cannot be removed.

Comment

seems like you or someone would have said something about the
                                  thermal grease.

Comment

Originally posted by tvduude View Post
                                    seems like you or someone would have said something about the
                                    thermal grease.
                                    Sorry we dont do cryptic - what are you talking about.?

Comment

the thermal grease in the photos..on the Tcon? the panel interface board..

thermal grease has liquified and run down onto the legs of the main chip.

i have wiped as much as i can, then with cotton swap have brushed vertically
                                      with all the legs of the chip, have gotton it very clean looking from top, however am concerned about the oil from the grease running to underside of the chip legs.

Comment

A Good point?? any chance of us spotting thermal grease as against photo flash and out of focus in your pictures i am afraid is NIL.

This is what we have to work with - tell me what you see?
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by selldoor; 07-31-2012, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X