Replacement cap help nvidia mx4000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement cap help nvidia mx4000

Hey guys awesome forum. Found this site looking for info on a tv that died and figure why not ask about my card also.

I have a apollo mx4000 that stopped working long ago that had swollen caps. I don't remember exactly what it would do but i'm thinking it wouldn't even show up or would give an error at post.
    After reading here i see there are more to caps than i thought. I never even knew they were made of different materials. I was wondering if you guys/gals could help me chose what caps to buy as replacements since i have to order some for my tv today?

Here are the ones i took off of it.

Rifeking 1000uf 6.3v other side says vent -40-105°C
    leg space is ~3mm and can is 8mm wide x 12mm long

Rifeking 470uf 16v other side says vent -40-105°C

FZ 10v 680uf other side says 105°C R6A

R.K. 220uf 6.3v other side says -40-105°C
    leg space is ~2.5mm and can is 6mm wide x 8mm long

Sorry for the bad pic.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by junktv; 11-06-2010, 01:48 AM.

Re: Replacement cap help nvidia mx4000

For the 1000uF Rifeking Caps, use these
    For the 680uF FZ Caps, use these(note that they are a bit longer but they will work, you may not be able to use the next PCI slot)
    For the 470uF Rifeking Caps, use these
    For the 220uF RK Caps, use these

Yes, it is OK to change the voltage as the rating is simply the maximum the cap can handle.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Well i replaced all but the 220uf caps and nothing. PC won't even try to boot with the card in. I think it may be a lost cause.

Comment

Just priced AGP cards so i'm up for ideas.
        Attached Files

Comment

might help if pics were in focus ;-)

Comment

Ya they are bad as all get out but it's an old fuji a200 and these kind of pics are not really in it's range. Really close it does great and far away not so bad. If you can tell me how to fix my phone after the OS crashed and burned i could try with it. Since it's not recognized by usb it seems bricked though.

I could borrow a better cam if it would help but visually i don't see any thing wrong.

Comment

What phone?
              Your camera has a macro function! Use it and make sure the lense is clean.

Comment

I have and it does great at really close but this cam sucks for these kind of pics. The 3-4th pics are close macro and second is macro. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...5&postcount=26

I've had this cam for years and it's just how it is. I have tried all lighting and do use a tripod and timer because it blurs easy if you use the 2mp setting instead of the 1. No shutter speed settings.

Nokia 5610 rm-359. I have firmware files just can't get it recognized through usb. Thought about buying a new phone but i only use it to call and took pics with it since it was better than my camera.
                I take that back i have the rm-242 files
                Last edited by junktv; 11-16-2010, 05:28 PM.

Comment

can you take close up pics of your solder job?

Comment

I can but i would rather show one of other ones. This one is ugly with a bit of over solder. Using solder that measures .039" and it has tiny ports(?).

Batteries are charging so will be in the morning but i'll post them.

Comment

Here is a pic of the soldering. I'm not a pro as you can see but do better on on bigger boards.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X