• Show
Clear All

Re: Thank you

glad we could help
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

New Member - Walter Conn

Hi, I'm a new member. I'm interested in repairing my mom's previous computer. It was damaged during a thunderstorm from a power surge. The computer works for about five minutes and then freezes. It looks like five of the capacitors need to be replaced. I am new at this, and I have a lot to learn. Thanks for reading my introduction.

Three of the bad caps are labeled 16v 1000 uF KZG, and two of the bad caps are labeled (m) 105 c 5(k) 2w

PC Specs
      HP Pavilion a1102n.
      Pentium 4 2.93 Ghz
      Intel 915 GV Chipset
      Asus PTGD-LA Motherboard
      2.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM
      160 GB SATA HD
      EVGA Ge Force 6200 512 MB 64 bit DDR2 PCI 2.1 Video Card
      Ulta 350 Watt power supply
      Cheers!
      Walter Conn

PC Specs
      HP Pavilion a1102n.
      Pentium 4 2.93 Ghz
      Intel 915 GV Chipset
      Asus PTGD-LA Motherboard
      2.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM
      160 GB SATA HD

Comment

Re: New Member - Walter Conn

Sorry, I just realized that I posted in wrong area.
        Cheers!
        Walter Conn

PC Specs
        HP Pavilion a1102n.
        Pentium 4 2.93 Ghz
        Intel 915 GV Chipset
        Asus PTGD-LA Motherboard
        2.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM
        160 GB SATA HD

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,

Been lurking around the forums for a few months, so why not to introduce myself now that I've actually built up the courage and started posting

I am a university student in electronics from Finland, and yeah I'm still a young chap. I've always been into computers though, ever since I got my first computer when I was 11. Being the older son, I was given upon the responsibility of maintaining it too. Combined with personal interest, that really is a great way of understanding these small miracles of the digital age.

In the recent years, as my understanding on computers kept growing via university life, at some point I realized that I might be able to fix hardware which some considered as junk. As a person who despises consuming and throwing things into the trash, I was encouraged to learn as much of fixing as I could and eventually that led me to this wonderful forum. (...and huge piles on saved electronics, of course.)

I've done several recaps on motherboards, PSUs, graphic cards and monitors, with mostly success, but there's still quite a lot to learn.

My other interest along with computers and electronics in general, are music and audio, followed by HiFi, and old vehicles. Oh yes, those fancy looking cars from the fifties have a special place in my heart As for how music and audio goes, I'm specializing in acoustics and audio equipment in my university studies.

Great to be a part of community with very like minded users!

Comment

Hello. I like to fix things.

Comment

I thought your name was mohammed when I first saw it.
              oh and hi
              Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
              ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

My name is justin, Do alot of work on ip tvs from hospital.Been reading this forum for quite some time you guys ar on it thanks

Comment

Well, I am brand new to all this computer stuff. Actually a general contractor in Florida, but good luck with that these days. Anyhow, closed my business after 14 years to go full time in the ministry.
                  Starting a church in Tampa, and starting a children's home for Haitians on the island of Abaco in the Bahamas. In my spare time I have started an Apple computer repair business. Anything apple makes, we fix. Mostly stay with the laptops, iPhones and iPads.
                  Anyhow, was more of an accident then a choice. Daughter dropped her brand new iPhone, and decided I would fix it myself. Right now I send my damaged logic boards to another state for component level repairs, but I have been trying to learn how to repair them myself.

So that is it, no experience in this stuff, but willing to learn and hope to be able to train the kids in the children's home so they can have a future!

Comment

Hello
                    I came across this wonderful forum a couple days ago when I began researching how to fix a 13 month old panasonic tc-l32c22. I am a tinkerer with electronics for years and have now decided that I can learn how to fix the 2 tvs that have gone out over the past year without having to pay a service tech close to the same amount as a new one. I have been reading different posts and found just a wealth of knowledge that is within my skill level.
                    I am a commercial fisherman by trade in central florida, and truly enjoyed it until the government has begun chasing us all out of the business due to false data and allowing big oil companies to ruin our waters. But that is a whole nother ball of wax.
                    I also have my first plasma a phillips 42pf7220a/37b, that will be my next project after i learn the Panasonic issues.
                    Hope I will be able to give back to this site like it has given to me.
                    Thanks
                    Jason

Comment

hello
                      I am Joey, I am from the Philippines, I took 1 week reading about the repair of Samsung 740N and repaired it yesterday, I feel so great because its my first time to repair a monitor despite having a limited knowledge in electronics just following the step by step procedures in this forum. I've learned a lot in a week reading, hoping that I can also contribute my own way of trouble shooting computers. I am an Internet cafe business owner and presently managing this.

Comment

I fix stuff. Does anyone know where there is a site like this for laptop repairs?

Comment

Jake from Finland (lived 15y in US). I have built computers for over 15y and also repaired them, built web sites etc. I have repaired one badcap monitor LG L245WP-BN. I bought that with problems cheap and repair only costed me under 10€. 3/4 of that was postage and handling I just found this site today and thought that this might become handy. I have also another badcap monitor in storage Viewsonic VX922.
                          ASUS Crosshair IV Formula|AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.7GHz|Corsair Hydro H100|ASUS Radeon EAH6950 2GB DCII @EAH6970|CoolerMaster Storm Sniper Black Edition|Corsair Force GT 120GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB + Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB + Samsung EcoGreen F2 1.5TB|Chieftec CFT-700-14CS|Kingston DDR3 1600MHz 2x2GB + 2x4GB|Samsung SH-S223C + LG BH10LS30|Logitech G11|Roccat Kova+|Viewsonic VX2835wm + Asus VK266H + 2x Dell U2412M + LG L1953TR + LG L1952TQ

Comment

Lo all, Dave here.

Inveterate tinkerer from the UK.

Comment

Hello.
                              My name is Sotiris and I live in Athens, Greece.
                              I’m 55 years old.

I work for myself, I repair electronic cards from ships, yachts, air conditions, monitors and other.

I have an expensive workshop and I love fluke multimeters- oscilloscopes, I have about 5 fluke multimeters, 2 fluke oscilloscopes and of course other test equipment.

I do a difficult work because 95% I don’t have a schematic. Another problem with this job is, that when they bring a PCB for repair they want it yesterday.

They don’t understand how difficult is this job, also ordering parts from all over the world, it takes days.

People think we are magicians and repair it on the fly.
                              Last edited by sotirakis; 06-19-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

HI
                                I’m Sorin ,glad to join.Good forum

Comment

Hello, I'm Zeljko, 50 years old, 32 years in IT. Fixin' things is one of my hobbies (other one is vineyard and vine producing). Last days I'm trying to fix some Dell monitors. That's why I'm here.

Comment

Hello everyone,

My name is bhick and I'm from Louisville, KY. I like to tinker a little bit with electronics. It fascinates me. I am new to the whole forum thing. Bear with me.

Comment

Hi Every one

My name is Alaa , I live in Syria , Hims

I fix stuff LCD , Motherboards and printers .. I have a little knowledge and looking for more

Hope to find What I want in here
                                      Regards

Comment

Howdy from Texas. Glad I found this site as I end up repairing PC monitors more often than I'd like.

Comment

Hello...

Mad Eagle from Michigan.... MAD are my initials and eagle my old HS mascot...

So the eagle has landed at Badcaps....

Comment

Working...
                                          X