Shame on you Corsair! (Capxon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shame on you Corsair! (Capxon)

@ c_hegge: You bodged the wattages again in the review.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

fixed. Whoops
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Now Corsair should really be ashamed. They are revising the TX lineup again. The new TX750V3 and TX850v3 will now be made by Hipro, but here's an internal shot of one of the new Hipro builds. I think I see Samxon GF in the TX series!!!

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Starting to make Antec look good now... Also, I don't remember seeing or reading about a Hipro with SamXons.

These days, it seems nothing's what it used to be.

Comment

Well, the greenish colour certainly looks much like that of Samxon GF. I guess they could also be Taicon, but that's not exactly typical of Hipro either.

Comment

http://www.itocp.com/htmls/53/n-3953-8.html

And now the AX1200i is also using taiwanese caps. Serioulsy, Corsair. STOP IT!!!!!!

Comment

I hate it when brands choose to build a reputation by making top-quality hardware and then a few years later use it to push decidedly average, if not worse, products to people who don't know better, or in some cases, can't.

It's profitable for them, but the end result for us is that we have to "jump ship" faster than we can frickin' KNOW about the changes that have been made - for the worse.

So whenever a manufacturer announces a new "revision", beware.

Comment

The question now is, who to jump ship to. XFX no longer sell anything in Aus, so they are gone, and OCZ seems to be going down that route too. Seasonic are VERY overpriced in Aus and no one else uses Jap caps.

Comment

buy by warrenty length and cs track record.
                    corsair has been good in that regard.read johnnyguru reviews and spin the wheel.

Comment

Maybe the solution is to get a half-decent PSU with crappy caps and re-cap it.

Or in my case, I trail ebay for bargains, and easily see a genuine 500-600W Corsair/Seasonic/OCZ etc. PSU going as faulty for about £10, plus it's quite fun to try and diagnose/repair the fault and you know what the build quality is like.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                        The question now is, who to jump ship to. XFX no longer sell anything in Aus, so they are gone, and OCZ seems to be going down that route too. Seasonic are VERY overpriced in Aus and no one else uses Jap caps.
                        I'd say otherwise, OCZ is going up. Their ZS is probably cheapest PSU with minimum built quality for me (quality caps and good efficiency) arround here.
                        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

I keep say'n, we need a badcaps brand PSU (NOT made by hipro or powmax )

The light green caps could also be Ltec
                          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I have no problems with HiPro as long as they keep making what we tell them to do. They can build pretty decent supplies.

I would not vote for FSP Group though, they PSUs suck more and more.
                            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

I vote with Seasonic ... but I'm biased as I have the X-650

They do use some less popular capacitors on their more budget power supplies though.

Comment

Everyone does. Just have to pick the one who either select the best for the price on their own, or tell them exactly what we want inside and what price we would like for it
                                Last edited by Behemot; 11-01-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                                  Seasonic's new G series:
                                  http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Seasonic/G550/4.html

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...tory4&reid=313

http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=1377903
                                  "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

^
                                    As I said, Seasonic are very expensive here. The G-360 starts at $130. Seriously, the OCZ ZS 650W was only $80

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge
                                      The new TX750V3 and TX850v3 will now be made by Hipro, but here's an internal shot of one of the new Hipro builds.
                                      That's a HiPro?? Where's the massive heat sinks and spots for 12.5 mm caps?
                                      Oh well... at least it's still a HiPro. Their older OEM units often used crappy caps that lasted for many years, mostly because those PSUs were so well designed.

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                      Maybe the solution is to get a half-decent PSU with crappy caps and re-cap it.

Or in my case, I trail ebay for bargains, and easily see a genuine 500-600W Corsair/Seasonic/OCZ etc. PSU going as faulty for about £10, plus it's quite fun to try and diagnose/repair the fault and you know what the build quality is like.
                                      +1
                                      That way you know exactly how the PSU's built.

Micro Center around here sells refurb. 250W OEM PSUs pulled from old Pentium 4 Dell/Gateway/HP computers. Most of those are Delta/Newton or HiPro units (with the occasional Bestec and FSP) that are built like tanks. For $8.07, I think they are well worth it. Sure their efficiency might suck... but who cares about that anyways.
                                      I just replaced a cheapie "tin-can" PSU last week for my friend's boss at his work with one of those 250W refurbs - more precisely a 250W Delta with Ltec caps. Subpar caps - yes. Likely to fail - nope (not soon anyways). The PC was a basic one anyways - a low-power Intel Core Duo or similar with integrated graphics. Nothing those OEM PSUs can't handle.
                                      Last edited by momaka; 11-01-2012, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Do that too, but…recap it anyways. Got two reasons:

1. you NEVER know when the crap caps decide to go away and I cannot afford RMAs from my customers with so low prices; with good caps, there is a possibilty it will work for next 5 years if nothing else goes wrong
                                        2. reputation - with selling quiality, stable, long-running stuff, people will more likely come again to buy something else from me than if it would die after a year

Your thinkng is exactly what brought us here and to this Corsair affair.

Comment

Yeah. I like getting my hands on used OEM PSUs, but the problem is that I often have to build and sell new PCs at work, and unfortunately, you can't use used/refurbished parts in what's supposed to be a brand new PC.

Comment

Working...
                                          X