X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATX power supply to power a LCD tv

lcd tv: sony bravia kdl-32p5600
    original power supply: sanken psc10265h g2bs 3h257w

so, my lcd power supply is toasted, the repair is too expensive and a replacement is out of question because i'm not sure if there is a problem with the rest of the modules (logic board, t-con-inverter board), so i was thinking if it's possible to use a computer power supply to power on the lcd?
    according to the original power supply, all i need is 24v unreg to the inverter board ( i'm planning making a 24v power supply), 13v to the logic board ( another power supply with that ratings) and i need also 3.3v, 5v and 12v that i can easily get from a computer psu. is this possible/doable? will the lcd power on?
    also, before the original power supply burned up, i was measuring 16v in the 13v lines to the logic board, i'm worried thar the logic board is defective too. did this extra 3v caused any harm to the logic board?

EDIT: i made a mistake, the power supply don't have a 5v rail. only have 3.3v, 13v, 12v and 24v, sorry for my mistake
    Last edited by meanpc; 03-31-2014, 05:26 AM.

Re: ATX power supply to power a LCD tv

Any thing is possible. You have to consider the current demands for each of the rails, and also that some are only active when the set is on and not in standby....

Ive fitted different PSU's fom different sets, and it can be easy--or difficult depending on the set design and requirements....

Looking at your list of voltages--I would class that as a difficult one.....
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

may i ask why is difficult?
      this tv set is for experimenting purposes so i'm not worried, the repair for this will cost me almost a new tv set.
      could you give me some advice on what could i do to make this work?

Comment

may i ask what the 13v lines are meant for? if it's meant to power the sound amplifier, could i leave them unconected and the set wil power on and display any image? i think the extra 3v in the 13v rail to the logic board where forcing the power supply to shutdown after a few seconds

Comment

Working...
        X