Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TC-55CS560C (Dead No Standby or Blinks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-55CS560C (Dead No Standby or Blinks)

Pulled this unit out of an e-waste bin. I've already replaced the power supply and still have no sign of life whatsoever. No blink codes, no standby light and no backlight. I've included some pics.

I've got a multimeter and ready for testing if anyone has any advice on what I should be testing.
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic TC-55CS560C (Dead No Standby or Blinks)

Need voltages from connector that goes from power supply board to main board. Will need pin#- PIN DESCRIPTION -Pin voltage in standby-Pin voltage when pushing power button and picture of connector on power supply board.
    Format:
    Pin# - Pin Description - Pin Voltage standby - Pin voltage power on
    1 - XXXXXXX - XXv - XXXv
    2 - XXXXXXX - XXXv - XXXv
    3 - XXXXXXX - XXXv - XXXv
    4 - etc.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
      Need voltages from connector that goes from power supply board to main board. Will need pin#- PIN DESCRIPTION -Pin voltage in standby-Pin voltage when pushing power button and picture of connector on power supply board.
      Format:
      Pin# - Pin Description - Pin Voltage standby - Pin voltage power on
      1 - XXXXXXX - XXv - XXXv
      2 - XXXXXXX - XXXv - XXXv
      3 - XXXXXXX - XXXv - XXXv
      4 - etc.
      I don't see any descriptiion for the pins but there there are 10 of them.

Going from left to right all pins read zero except for pin 9. Pin 9 fluctuates rapidly in voltages between 1.3-10 volts.

Comment

From what I see pin 9 is 5vdc standby. You can measure across leads of main 450vdc capacitors and see what voltage and if it steady. Pull power board see if any pin markings on back and check solder connections from pin 9 back to transformer. Resolder anything that looks bad especially at transformer connections.

Comment

also disconnect the connector that goes from the ps to the main board and see if your stby becomes stable.
          WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

From what I see pin 9 is 5vdc standby. You can measure across leads of main 450vdc capacitors and see what voltage and if it steady. Pull power board see if any pin markings on back and check solder connections from pin 9 back to transformer. Resolder anything that looks bad, especially at transformer connections.
            No markings on the back. Solder connections all look good and I've already replaced the power supply board.
            Originally posted by attainteddragon View Post
            also disconnect the connector that goes from the ps to the main board and see if your stby becomes stable.
            The stby voltage is steady at 10.5 when I disconnect the main board.

The second picture is the back of the main board. Not sure if it helps at all.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by tbj12; 04-27-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Found this probably newer models but may help.
              Attached Files

Comment

Found this probably newer models but may help.
                I'll have a look at that now. This TV was in fact manufactured in 2015.

That was the technical guide for my TV. Based on the trouble shooting steps for no power and no led it looks like I need a new main board. I've found one on ebay for $25 so I'll order that and hope for the best.
                Last edited by tbj12; 04-27-2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

"The stby voltage is steady at 10.5 when I disconnect the main board."

stby should be 5 to 5.3. that sounds rather high.
                  you mentioned that you have changed out the ps. would you have the original ps on hand to check the stby on that board.

i also noticed that the north american model does not have a standby led, only an active power on led.
                  WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Originally posted by attainteddragon View Post
                    "The stby voltage is steady at 10.5 when I disconnect the main board."

stby should be 5 to 5.3. that sounds rather high.
                    you mentioned that you have changed out the ps. would you have the original ps on hand to check the stby on that board.

i also noticed that the north american model does not have a standby led, only an active power on led.
                    I'm not entirely sure that's the standby voltage I'm testing, there are no markings on the board. That pin isn't the only one with flucuating voltages on the PS, but all are steady once I disconnect the main board. I'll test with the old power supply later this evening.

Comment

I got the new board today and the TV is working, however all isn't right yet. The main plugin for the main board isn't the same. The original has 16 pins and this one only has 14. It's plugged in and working but the TV is brighter on on the top half than it is the bottom half. I suspect the 2 extra pins are the issue. Any ideas?

Comment

Did you buy the correct replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                          Did you buy the correct replacement?
                          Decided to double check and it turns out I didn't buy the correct board this is for a TC-55CS540C. Foolish mistake on my part.

Here is a diagram that might help. A02 is the plug for the main board.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by tbj12; 05-03-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

This pic might be more helpful. Both boards are TNPH11231A. Pin 15 is PWMB and pin 16 isn't showing.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Think you will need to get correct board.

Comment

Think you will need to get correct board.
                                It is the correct board it's just from a different model tv. I just pulled the board out of the tv and there are empty slots for pins 15 and 16. Looks like I just need to swap the connectors from the old board to the new one. That's not an easy task with my soldering skills though.

What's the difference between PWMA and PWMB?

Comment

please ignore wrong thread
                                  Last edited by vinceroger69; 05-03-2017, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tbj12 View Post
                                    It is the correct board it's just from a different model tv. I just pulled the board out of the tv and there are empty slots for pins 15 and 16. Looks like I just need to swap the connectors from the old board to the new one. That's not an easy task with my soldering skills though.

What's the difference between PWMA and PWMB?
                                    Probably Pulse Width Modulation A / B. Control of Brightness to backlight?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Paul View Post
                                      Probably Pulse Width Modulation A / B. Control of Brightness to backlight?
                                      Would I be taking a serious risk to run a jumper from PDM A to B?

Comment

Decided to just go with the jumper from pin 13 to 15 and the picture is perfect now. Just gotta hope it holds up.
                                        Last edited by tbj12; 05-03-2017, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X