Samsung UN55ES6500FXZA with dark area in the screen and a crappy picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55ES6500FXZA with dark area in the screen and a crappy picture

I purchased the tv with the intent to fix it, I was originally thinking maybe it was the TCON board but thought I would ask here before investing any $'s since I am still a newbie. The TV has a picture however the colors are off and their is a dark area in the center of the screen, both LED's are lit up fine. When you first turn in on there is a brightness on the left that fades out to the left and goes away. I was hoping for a TCON fix but I thought I would ask here in case anyone else has seen the dark area and would the TCON cause that, I know it can cause the shitty picture but I have absolutely no experience outside of swapping boards.

Re: Samsung UN55ES6500FXZA with dark area in the screen and a crappy picture

How about some pictures
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

This looks like some bad LEDs backlight issue......YES pictures dskall asked for will be of great help.

Comment

I ripped it down and all the LEDS were fine and let up fine, turned out to be a bad panel and only 4 years old, shame for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by zukdj View Post
          I ripped it down and all the LEDS were fine and let up fine, turned out to be a bad panel and only 4 years old, shame for sure.
          too bad. Samsung ES really seemes to be a shitty series.

Can you do me a favor and measure the resistance over CO1 and an arbitrary CAxx capacitor on the left side of the panel board?

I struggle with my panel as well and it might be helpful.

Thank you.

Comment

Here are some images for reference to help others having a similar issue.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mirokulaz View Post
              too bad. Samsung ES really seemes to be a shitty series.

Can you do me a favor and measure the resistance over CO1 and an arbitrary CAxx capacitor on the left side of the panel board?

I struggle with my panel as well and it might be helpful.

Thank you.
              @ mirokulaz, the TV is already ripped apart and ready to sell as parts.

Comment

Working...
              X