Philips HTS8100 , lower stand by.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips HTS8100 , lower stand by.

Of course, it would be pretty fabulous if we had any idea what those voltages are supposed to be, normally...

That's the connector coming from the power supply, right? And that 5-pin one is the one going to the central unit, perhaps? If that's the case, the two power tracks going from the 9pin connector to the 5pin one should be 12VL, +5V_ever and (obviously) ground.

Lemme just list the voltages from that block diagram, and see if we can figure out which goes where...

12VL - pin8 (kinda sounds like some stand-by voltage to me)
    +5VL - pin2 / pin7
    -33V - pin6 (although the value's a tad low)
    -12VA -
    +12VA -
    GND - pin9
    GNDA - pin4
    Stby_PB - pin3
    5V_ever - pin2 / pin7
    Pwr_Dn - pin1

Wait, that's 10 signals... If they're mentioned separately on that arrow, i'd reckon GND and GNDA are NOT joined on the psu board. Hmm....

It shouldn't be TOO difficult to follow the tracks from the rectifier diodes on the secondary, to the output connectors. Those two blue Rubycon caps are quite definitely on the +/-VCC rails going to the amp board, so you can skip those.

<EDIT> I count 12 wires on that connector - which ones have you "skipped"?
    PS: there are no clear top-down pictures of the "subwoofer DSP board", so connector names / designations don't really mean much
    Last edited by Khron; 03-10-2016, 04:05 PM.
    Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Im sorry , bad communication from my side!

The 12 pin black/white connector coming from the psu has no voltages except pin 10 --> 5.3V
      The 5 pin black/white connector has the following voltages

Pin 1 : 5v
      Pin 2 :12v
      Pin 3 : 0v
      Pin 4 : 5.3v
      Pin 5 : -27v

Other connector from the psu to the subwoofer board ( board with heatsink ) has voltages which are 5 / 12 and 32V

Hope his helps!
      Last edited by Moreno83; 03-10-2016, 04:22 PM. Reason: Extra voltages
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Ps first measurements i gave were from the 9 pin connector , top left board!
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

"First connector" was vague as all hell, y'know

Ok, now it's getting confusing... On the power supply board, i see two connectors: one with 12 pins, and one with 8 pins (it's even written on the board).

I can only assume the 12pin one is going to the dsp board.
          Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

There are 3 connectors on the PSU board. If you look at the picture you will see the 2 connectors , 12 and 8 pin. Other connector is on the righthand side.

8 pin connector is going to the small subwoofer board with heatsink. It has 5/12/32v

12 pin connector is going to the AV board , it has no voltages on it.

5 pin connector coming from the PSU is also going to the AV board and has these voltages :

Pin 1 : 5v
            Pin 2 :12v
            Pin 3 : 0v
            Pin 4 : 5.3v
            Pin 5 : -27v

Hope its more clear now!!

Comment

By the way, after fixing the cable going to the central unit, what voltages do you have there? Ie. at the connector, inside the central unit.

PS: As mentioned in post #21, any chance you could try roughly tracing out the circuitry on the secondary of the PSU? Basically just the diodes, bigger caps (including voltage rating), inductors, and output connector pin numbers.

Comment

I'll measure the voltages in the Original unit. I will also make a picture of the boards with the voltages i have.

Comment

Just looking at this block diagram in the SM. 12 + 5V is going to the center unit because i measure that at the connector.

Maybe the microcontroller is not sending the "wake up" signal?

Or there is a problem on the wake up signal going to CU-DET? I'll measure when i get home!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Moreno83; 03-11-2016, 06:28 AM.

Comment

The soundbar is working again! Got a nice blue light but lcd is very faint. Thats probably a capacitor problem which i will fix later on.

The reason it still did not work even though the voltages were present was because it needs the sub connected to the soundbar to actually work.

Im going to test the soundbar first....

Comment

Grr , same thing again! Stuck in standby , i don't get it.

Comment

Hi Guys!

I have a low volume problem. I've change the Strx 6759 capacitor, but nothing happened.

I'm beginner..absolute. So, could you give me an advice, which parts need to be change and where are these exactly?

Thanks very much

Comment

You also need to replace the 4 small capacitors behind the big cooling area. ( Has green capacitors in the same area ).

I think they are 10uf capacitors.

Comment

I did it, but still wrong. Thanks anyway

Comment

I have HTS8100-12 which also have low sound thought volume is max. SRTX 6759 has been changed by previour owner and sound is still small. Thought its enought for making background music. When i put volume mix music starts kind of break down, especially when bass hits.

What part i should change next?

- Those four 10 microfarad which are from green capacitors at the other side of big cooling iron?
                              - 120 uf capacitor
                              - elco 400v

Could you tell which brands you bought? I am actually newbie with this, my friend will teach me how to use this melting pen to cut and connect capacitors and stuff. I only good knowledge about electronic physics and magnetism from high school.

Some offtopic (i am noob here, is offtopic ok?):

What do you think why these capacitors break down? Its because of keeping these modern electronics 24\7 in stand by or on? Are materials of these new capacitors sensitive for chemical change after certain time of use? Is there still manufacturers who use components which last long time or are these components just too expensive because factories product these so little?

Comment

I did not find edit buttom so:

I would also like to add that the fan of amplifier which is in subwoofer does not go on. I dont think there is temperature meter inside of subwoofer which turns it on? What if there is safety mechanism which cuts power if there is any error as that fan does not work?

Comment

There are fuses on one of the mainboards. ( in the subwoofer ). Check if these are all ok.

Comment

Hi Henrik

I also have a 8100 with a changed strx6759 and still Very low sound.
                                    Have you got yours to work and what did you do?

Jens

Comment

Working...
                                    X