Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on finding replacement capacitors

Greetings,

Hoping you all can help me confirm I am looking for the right replacement capacitors. I have an older Vizio 50 inch plasma tv where the screen would go off and on as well as the power. I opened the back and found some of capacitors were bad so figured I would remove and replace them. I've checked on digikey and mouser, but can't seem to find something comparable.

From what I've read here, I need to make sure the replacement has an ESR equal or lower than the original and the ripple equal or higher. I checked both sites mentioned and can't seem to find something to match up. The capacitors I'm looking to replace are:

Samwha WB 3300 uf 10v
    Samwha WB 1000 uf 25v

I can find some with lower ESR, but the ripple is lower than the original one also. I only checked these two sites since they were recommended, im not sure if there are any other sites that might be reputable as well.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Re: Question on finding replacement capacitors

Replace with Panasonic FM or FR series or united chemi con kze or nichicon hw or rubycon zlh / zlj ... if you have room (height) go with the 16v versions of the 3300uF capacitors which may have slightly higher ripper values.
    Same for 1000uF 25v, you may go with 35v rated versions if the diameter and height won't be an issue.

But I wouldn't worry to much, as long as the ripple value is within a few percentages. These new capacitors are better quality compared to Samwha and you don't know if the circuit even creates so high ripple currents as to get close to the old capacitor's specification.

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I was at a standstill trying to figure out what to do.

thank you

Comment

Most of these series are just SO old, KZE especially has so short endurance, it's pretty much obsolete series compared to todays standard.

I can supply ya with current models, e.g. KYB, KZN, KZM. In general, you do not really *need* to keep ripple or ESR if you do not go too far from the original values. Most PSUs have wide margins, after all, it was working for years with already failing caps (=they got much higher ESR and lower ripple handling capacity).
        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
        X