Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 3007wfpt died... need to purchase parts

Hi All,

My Dell 3007wfpt recently stop working properly. It receives power fine however any input devices with dual link support causes the monitor to stay in power save mode with orange lit power button on the monitor. If there is no input connected the display will stay on with a blue lit power button and the backlight is on but it doesn't go through its normal color test cycle.

I searched online and some people were able to revive their Dell 3007wfpt monitor by swapping out the logic board.

I did open up my monitor to see if there were any failed caps but they are all fine.

I saw that lcdrepair.us sold the part I needed however they appeared to be out of business and do not respond to phone/email. I tried ordering from them but all I got was a order number email and no parts.

Does anyone know where I can purchase parts for my monitor? Thank you

Re: Dell 3007wfpt died... need to purchase parts

Failed caps are not always visibly noticable.

My usual method is recap first, ask questions later. 70% of the time there are no questions to ask after the recap
    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Just to expand on what smason said, capacitors die from age, heat, and shoddy build quality. Capacitors DO NOT have to be visibly bloated in order to bad. They can be out of tolerance uF (a 1000uF measures 20uF) and/or have high ESR (ohm). A multimeter will be insufficient to test for ESR. For that you need an ESR tester which costs between $50 and $300.

It would also help if post clear focused pictures of your boards using the manage attachments button. Please do not post inline as they slow down the loading of pages.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Ther odds of you finding a logic board are probably zero. However, there's always the chance that someone on eBay is selling one and if not, it could be a long wait. Post some good focused photos of the board using the "manage attachments" button and perhaps someone can suggest components for you to test.

Comment

Originally posted by galloway View Post
          I saw that lcdrepair.us sold the part I needed however they appeared to be out of business and do not respond to phone/email. I tried ordering from them but all I got was a order number email and no parts.
          lcdrepair.us is one of my main suppliers. As far as I know they are still going strong. I don't understand why you can't order a board from their website or the phone. I have ordered several parts for Dell's from them recently. Your specific part is located here ---> http://lcdrepair.us/3007WFPc-logic.html

But.....it wouldn't hurt to try and fix the one you already have. The people here are some of the most knowledgable technicians I have ever seen online. Plus....it wouldn't cost you $69.99 + shipping. Just attach some high quality pictures and we can take a look. Good luck.

L-J-7

Comment

@Lumberjack

It would be awesome if I could get Tim or some rep from lcdrepairs.us to respond back to my email or even answer their phone. Do you another phone number I can call?

Because I was unable to get a tracking number of the order I placed. I gave them 7 days to get back to me. After seeing some reviews from ripoffreport.com I ended up opening a case to get my money back right away since I have no way to get a hold of a staff or person.

Comment

Pictures requested have been added.

Please let me know if you need any additional pictures
              Attached Files

Comment

Try checking fuses F301 and F302 marked "G" for continuity circled in yellow. Also check output of voltage regulator I307.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by galloway View Post
                  @Lumberjack

It would be awesome if I could get Tim or some rep from lcdrepairs.us to respond back to my email or even answer their phone. Do you another phone number I can call?

Because I was unable to get a tracking number of the order I placed. I gave them 7 days to get back to me. After seeing some reviews from ripoffreport.com I ended up opening a case to get my money back right away since I have no way to get a hold of a staff or person.
                  Yup. Something's up. I tried calling him a couple times today. No answer.

I went to his ebay store and saw some unhappy comments recently. A couple orders filled too. Weird.

I think he may have suffered a loss of a family member or something. I did see this comment in the feedback........

"Sorry for your loss...hope to do business again in the future!"

Maybe we can get you fixed up. If not; maybe he'll be back in business soon.

Comment

Thank you guys for your assistants. I was able to locate a part from Ebay luckily! It turned out that the control board was bad. I found a used working control board on ebay and just installed it today. My monitor is able to perform the self color test when no input is in. I then connected my PC to the monitor and voila! MAGIC! its like brand new! Just wanted to let you guys know what happen! Thanks again!

Comment

Hi all, I'm new to this awesome forum! I am having a similar problem with my DELL 3007wfpt, power works fine, but input with dual-dvi cable gives med only standby mode. Self test with colors works perfectly. I can actually receive signal using a single-dvi cable but only resolution 1280x1024. All other resolutions both higher and lower "explodes". Do you guys thing it could be the capacitors in this case too? I would gladly post pictures if needed! Im not totally rookie when it comes to soldering so I gladly give it a try! Kind regards, Alex - Gothenburg Sweden.

Comment

Working...
                      X