• Show
Clear All

Help Me With this Cap

Can someone help me identify this cap?
    Attached Files

Re: Help Me With this Cap

Originally posted by JBotts420 View Post
    Can someone help me identify this cap?
    It looks like a regular electrolytic capacitor. The angle of the pic makes it hard to read the uF and voltge though.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Yea thats what im having problems with too. I was kinda hoping that someone would recognize it.

Comment

If the cap in question looks exactly like in the picture, then it likely isn't from one of the good brands.
        Do you know where this cap is used or what device it's coming from?
        The one in the picture seems to be either 2700uF or 4700uF, 10v. Can't say for sure, though.

Comment

Logo looks like it's Marcon.
          Looks like 2700uF 10v to me.
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

I can make out the "700" anyway.
            2700 and 4700 are the only common x700uF sizes.
            Doesn't look big enough to be a 4700uF.
            Mann-Made Global Warming.
            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

What do you need to know for?
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

Its used to save the battery life in RC Nitro cars. I was trying to figure out what so i could just go ahead and make one for myself.

Comment

I don't really see how a capacitor of only 2700uF or so could save battery life...

Sounds something like that "Energy-saved box" which claims to "stop your wiring from getting the fevers"
                  "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                  -David VanHorn

Comment

Yea i dont know either but all you had to do was plug it into receiver box on an aux slot and it supposed to save the battery on your RC. At least thats what the add was claiming.

Comment

I think it's unlikely to do much.

A super-capacitor fully charged from an external power source might help (as it would probably be like a 2nd battery, as far as I know) but this thing you describe here sounds like a scam.

What is the website it came from?

Edit: I think what you're looking at is one of these: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...zing-Capacitor

Doesn't say anything about saving battery life, but as you can see I think it does have a point to it.
                      Last edited by Agent24; 02-02-2011, 02:43 AM.
                      -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
                      X