Handy Dandy comparison chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handy Dandy comparison chart

Courtesy of Teapo. Can't find it on their website anymore, but found it on my hard drive the other day.

Includes Teapo, G-Luxon, Nichicon, Rubycon, Panasonic, NCC/UCC, Capxon, OST, Lelon, Ltec, Elite, Elna, and Samxon. I'm sure not all series are represented, so feel free to add any.

Attached Files

Re: Handy Dandy comparison chart

Thanks for posting. It'll be of benefit down the road.......
    Stupidity should be a crime, especially for drivers. I have NO patience for them.

Comment

You'll never get all the crap brands but should at least include all the good brands.

To be there you are missing at least Sanyo/Suncon, Hitano and NIC Components.

Also Cornell-Dubilier, Illinois Capacitor, Vishay, Siemens, Mallory and Xicon are good brands and have at least some in the ESR/Ripple ranges in your list.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

I didn't make this, Teapo did. It is missing a lot of series especially from Panasonic. Feel free to post other manufacturers and series and what they are comparable (such as saying they are comparable to teapo ___ series, so they people can just find that and see what else it is comparable to)

Comment

Umm,,,, You'd better check it then.
          Low end mfrs have some wild ideas about what is comparable to what.
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

I think the chart is awesome for a starter reference, we cant all be as Wise and the Grumpy Old Fart.

Comment

Yanz did some comparison charts some 2 years ago:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1822

Look at Post 54. Several image files of them there.

There are several missing by what I gather. I've PM'd him to see if he has the missing ones.

Toast
              veritas odium parit

Comment

How about abbreviating the chart to mainly cover series recommended for new applications, such as Chemi-Con KY replacing series which are equivalent or lower spec?
                The chart with recommended series for new applications: http://www.chemi-con.co.jp/e/catalog...m_diagram.html
                My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
                X