X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2405FPW 2407WFPb 2407WFP Preventative measures

So I have 5 of a mix of these displays.

All 5 of them work flawlessly.

I've heard horror stories of them dying due to capacitor plague.

I know most problems occur on the power supply board, so I'm already planning on replacing the caps on that board.

My question is, should I just go ahead and replace the caps on the USB io board, mainboard, and lamp board as well?

The caps on those boards seem to be Lelon and Elite.
    EDIT: There also appear to be some FDAI/FOAI caps as well

What do you think?
    Last edited by zombielinux; 12-13-2014, 08:25 AM. Reason: Discovered different manufacturer on board.

Re: 2405FPW 2407WFPb 2407WFP Preventative measures

I am surprised no one ever replied to this question. If you ever find my reply, what did you eventually do with these displays?

My 2407WFPb died finally after 11 years. I am currently in planning phase to repair it but I am trying my best to stay as cheap as possible considering you can replace the entire thing for only $50. I only found Elite on mine.

My monitor still powers on, lots of caps bulged on the video board, but the power buttons and leds etc still function as usual, but all 6 CCFL's do not power on. Sadly this means it could be anything. PSU appears to the naked eye to be perfectly fine, but that means nothing. I want to replace all caps, but not willing to unless I know CCFL's are also available. I would hate to work on this only to find that it still does not turn on due to bad CCFL/Inverter that I can not get. lol

Comment

Working...
    X