X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo DP42841-02 No Audio

SUMMARY
    ======
    This is a SANYO DP42841-02 made in 2012/02. I get no audio, just a little bit of static from the left speaker (as you face it), no sound from right at all. Video and backlight are working.

DOCUMENTS
    ======
    Z5VGE SERVICE DOCUMENT says to use Z5VG as the only change is power on led position change--ATTACHED
    Z5VG SERVICE DOCUMENT split into 2 parts for 2mb limit--ATTACHED

If there is a manual, do ya'll still want pictures?

THINGS TESTED
    ==========
    I used a Fluke 87 V to check all of the connectors marked on the power supply for the voltages specified as printed on the board. The first two digits before the decimal were correct to the markings of 24v, 12v and 5v

On page 35 of the service manual it asks if there is signal at the speakers. I'm ignorant and don't understand how to "measure" signal. I bought a logic probe in case thats what I needed.

I didn't want to make anything worse using the wrong tool with it powered on.

With no power connected to the tv and the speaker connector disconnected from digital main board so not to interfere with the measurements, on IC001 I did measure the resistance between pin 24 and pin 30 (left speaker) and got 2.8M (upside down horseshoe symbol) The right (pins 21, 15) was 0.805M (upside down horseshoe symbol). I read somewhere, can't find it again, that its suppose to be "not shorted" or below 4M or IC001 is bad.

PROBLEM
    ======
    I have little/no knowledge in/of electronics. I need help figuring out what/how to test next to make sure I'm right. In all the Sanyo threads I've read, there seems to be an issue with the 13v audio power. Is it possible to test for this even if the IC001 is bad?

QUESTION
    =======
    If IC001 is bad, how does one replace it? Can a novice/noob do it? What tools would I need?
    Attached Files

Re: Sanyo DP42841-02 No Audio

Before you get real help have you tried with headphones? - sometimes the socket breaks
    and leaves the speakers disconnected when you remove the phones.

Check the set is not on mute? / Check key not stuck on remote.

For Upside down horseshoe symbol type ohms instead
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I searched the tv physically and owners manual for a headphone jack and there is none. There are red and white rca outputs, which I just tried and they do work on an externally powered set of speakers. The static in the left tv speaker is also still there while good audio comes from the external set of speakers.

I reset the tv back to factory defaults using the reset button on the remote. I toggled the mute button and get an on screen indicator (not stuck). Just did it again to make sure. I made sure mute was off prior to raising the volume to half (40 if I remember). All I get is static on the left speaker and I do not hear it change with the volume.

Comment

I found a company that will replace the ic001 on the digital main board for 40$. Does that seem to be a fair price for the work and part?

Comment

Working...
        X