Samsung issue LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung issue LED

I have this 32" Samsung LED tv that has a funny issue.
    I have included pictures. Please let me know what you all think.
    I am hoping it is something like a Control Board or Tcon board.
    Thanks for your help in advance.

Turns on fine

After 3 to 5 min it does this.

Then it ends up staying like this.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung issue LED

Sounds like it's the control board for your set. You would still need
    to tear apart the set and take pictures of the circuit boards. This will
    help the forum to look at and give some pointers of wear to start.

Comment

T-con , LVDS cables or the TFT connections from the T-con need to be cleaned and reseated. Possible panel tab bond failure too, does the picture change if you flex the panel back and forth or apply pressure to the top edge of the set (no the plastics not the LCD).

Comment

I checked all the cables and seated them. All is good.
        I pressed on all the edges and ribbons there was no change.
        I dont see an actual TCON board am I right to assume it is built into the Main Board?

Attached Files

Comment

The ribbon cable going up that say's Panel on it is leading to top would probably be your control board, I haven't had the privilege to work on a LED yet so I will bow out and let the pro's jump in.

One thing I would try is to gently press the orange wide ribbon at the top of the panel with a toothpick or something non conductive while the panel is on and see if anything changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinju View Post
            The ribbon cable going up that say's Panel on it is leading to top would probably be your control board, I haven't had the privilege to work on a LED yet so I will bow out and let the pro's jump in.

One thing I would try is to gently press the orange wide ribbon at the top of the panel with a toothpick or something non conductive while the panel is on and see if anything changes.
            I did try that and it changed nothing.

Comment

That is not "funny" at all, it pretty "sad", imho it's a bad panel.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                That is not "funny" at all, it pretty "sad", imho it's a bad panel.
                Ok question on this.

Whats Funny?
                Whats sad?
                Does IMHO stand for In My Humble Opinion?

Sorry if this seems idiotic im not "IN" on all the abbreviations.

Comment

Sorry, but I couldn't hold back. You said, that you have a funny issue.
                  In my opinion, it's a bad panel. Maybe the tab problem.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                    Sorry, but I couldn't hold back. You said, that you have a funny issue.
                    In my opinion, it's a bad panel. Maybe the tab problem.
                    Well I checked the tap and all the connections any chance it is anything else/

Comment

You can try heating up things to see if you can get the problem to occur quicker. A hairdryer works fine. It will be temperature dependent if it gets worse as it runs. I think it is a panel problem too, you didn't specify the model # but I guess it's a Samsung D series TV (i.e. UN32D####) because they have tons of panel problems.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
                      X