Samsung Syncmaster 460p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Syncmaster 460p

Hey guys, I have this samsung syncmaster 460p monitor that turns on (backlight turns on) but there is no picture. I looked at power supply unit and it is filled with samyoung and samwha capacitors so I'm thinking to replace all of those first.

Considering all the capacitors are actually acting fine, what would cause the no picture? any suggestions?

For a capacitor that rates 16V 1000 uf, is it okay to replace it with a 25V 1000 uf capacitor? (basically only a higher voltage rating)

Wondering if anyone has the service manual for this monitor? that'll be great! thanks!
    Last edited by tieny; 06-03-2012, 04:33 PM.

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 460p

Originally posted by tieny View Post
    Hey guys, I have this samsung syncmaster 460p monitor that turns on (backlight turns on) but there is no picture.
    If the power LED is green and the backlights are on, then it may be a blown SMD fuse on the panel card. The panel card runs the entire length of the monitor and usually found underneath a shield at the top of the lcd.

Alternatively, you could have a loose cable. Clean and reseat all your cables.

PS. I always recommend testing monitors with a known working source that displays your favourite wallpaper.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

The panel card? Would that be the same as the T-con board?

Comment

Originally posted by tieny View Post
        The panel card? Would that be the same as the T-con board?
        Since you listed this in the "computer display" section, I called it the panel card. If this were in the TV section, I would call it the t-con.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
        X