Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No power on a Acer AL1916

Once again this site come up trumps

I have a pair of these and a couple of days ago, the right-hand one started power-cycling itself. which was an inconvenience to say the least as i had a schematic spread across both and half of it kept vanishing!

Anyway, the caps looks ok, it took a few out & measured them, again OK. I thought the 12V had quite a lot of switcher noise on it ~0.1V p-p so I’ll bet a cap is going to go soon.
    Apart from that I couldn't really find anything obviously wrong and the power-cycling was seemingly random, it could go 30 mins fine and then it could go every couple of secs for a bit and then again work for another 30 mins.

Then i came across this thread. Unlike the comedic method described a littler higher up , i used the traditional method of de-soldering the little blighter (u406) and it's now working fine

I've got no plans to put it back as the circuit has an RC to 3v3 anyway. i think that little POR device was overkill and it can easily live without it.

Cheers again all
    Last edited by QuantumCheese; 04-07-2012, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks PlainBill and others for this thread. I have a View Sonic VG720 and pulled it off a shelf today. Been there a few years and maybe before this thread. Had discovered the SOT-23 burnt and was able to scrape at it and expose the bare material below. No schematics at the time and no money, so just shelved it.

Now while going after schematics and replacement parts, google turned up this thread. I tried the second fix on page 2 and eureka it works.

BTW found some schematics both of which have the U406 ASM810MEURF-T
      715g1558-2-2
      https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...308b16c8cb.pdf
      715g1558-3-2

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi, i have the same problem,
        my monitor restarting on hot days, until one day has no power.
        I am was confused.
        I thought that soldering is a crack somewhere and
        I began to suspect ran over the solder and suspected U406 too .
        Now, I was confirmed, and the removal of this U406 and works.
        Now need to add a monitor in extra fan.

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice fix! perhaps clean up joints on the voltage regulator top of pic 2.

Visited Tallinn earlier this year - very interesting place for a few days break
          and had a day out to helsinki probably on a monday as I recall a lot of Tallinn
          is closed.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
          X