Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Touchsmart 600-1155 shutdown periodically

Hello everyone,

I have a HP Touchsmart 600-1155 All-In-One computer ( http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02059296 ) and recently has started to power off by himself (like long pressing on power button) every 2 hours 1 minute and few seconds (on the clock). I have never overclocked it and no drivers or devices was installed recently (os it`s out of scheme because it happens in bios too).

What i have tried so far:

• Checked temperatures (all ok)
    • Checked voltages (all ok)
    • Ran hp diagnostics (a tool that can be started at boot)
    • Reset cmos
    • Checked windows logs (nothing relevant. also OS is not relevant because it happens even in bios).
    • Replace thermal paste on CPU and Video
    • Checked all fans/coolers
    • Reseat various components like hdd, dvd, minicards etc. (read somewhere that this action can do magic sometimes )

Also i cannot run memtest properly because the 2 hours timeframe but the hp tool says there is no problem.

I cannot explain why 2h 1 minute every time... even if i power it on immediately and do a stress test on it. Is there any component doing something every 2h:1m ?

Also when i try to restart (from operating system) it enters the cycle but it hangs somewhere before the POST screen. I have to power off from button and start it again.

If you have an idea i am open to test it

Thanks,
    Severs

Re: HP Touchsmart 600-1155 shutdown periodically

You can try to update the bios.
    The Night Drop Down, I Will Keep Try Until..., You Never know.
    Dushi Kòrsou, Nos Tei.

Comment

Re: HP Touchsmart 600-1155 shutdown periodically

I can't find any bios updates for this model... Is it possible to rewrite/reflash bios with the same version?

Comment

Working...
      X