Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic Viera Plasma TC-P60S30 (weird blob on screen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic Viera Plasma TC-P60S30 (weird blob on screen)

Agree +1

Comment

thanks heavy, tw, reecey, I appreciate the tips and resources. have determined definitely have a bad SU buffer and bad SC/Y. I totally agree about sourcing parts from eBay, but sometimes SJ doesn't have what I need in stock. I always try SJ first. SJ sells on eBay too, I prefer to buy SJ through eBay for the "bonus bucks." pretty sure people just remove parts from cracked screens and sell the guts without any testing. gonna order boards now and I'll update the post when the parts arrive. thanks!

by the way, is there a trick to connecting the ribbon cables from the panel to the buffer boards? I get it all aligned and get the cable past the plastic notches and locked down. just kinda difficult, is there a better way or is that par for the course?

Comment

There are few others like tristate module, electropartsonline, Payless components etc....

Comment

thanks heavy, I looked at Payless but they were out of stock on one part, ordered from SJ instead. thanks for the heads up on tristate and electropartsonline. I think I saw some for sale on eBay from electro. Cheers!

Comment

hello again, back to update. so, I ended up replacing the SC, SU, SD, and power boards. now the TV works again but I still have a few horizontal lines. I know this could be from the ribbon cables not seating properly so I want to adjust them.

here is where I screwed up last time; I adjusted them while the power was on! eek

so my question is, what's the proper way? remove power, let the caps drain... do I disconnect SC2 and SS11? thanks!

Comment

Yes never on plasma do you disconnect anything while energized the high current will ripple and surge and pop things. Yes discharge for minimal of 30 seconds power cord must be disconnected.

Comment

Just some info that i have found for Panasonics plasmas
                for the tabs ,make sure they are seated very well . when they are hold to tabs in and unclip and reclip the locking tabs a few times before leaving in the clipped state , i find that this usually corrects the issue with connections . also inspect the tap fingers for any damage as this can happen if they are not inserted correctly

Comment

thanks chris, I took your advice and tried that a few times. didn't change anything. there doesn't appear to be any physical damage. is it okay to spray in some DeOxit contact cleaner?

Comment

well, cleaned with deoxit silver and gold. lines changed a bit but they are still there. could something else be causing the lines? if I tap on the ribbon cable the lines change. I've reseated them a dozen times.

Comment

all is good now! found that in order to get the ribbon cables to seat perfectly into the SU/SD boards, I had to loosen the screws holding said boards. seems so simple, hope it'll save someone else the frustration.

Comment

Working...
                      X